how do i change the texture of a poster.

BlackSampleAdmin

i edit the poster texture urbanposter02.dds and attached it to the poster nif 02 but when i bring it in the geck it still shows up as the sugar bombs poster. question : what can i do to get my small pic into a poster nif so it can be viewed in game without replacing a texture or a nif pleas help i need to get a logo in a poster.

i edit the poster texture urbanposter02.dds and attached it to the poster nif 02 but when i bring it in the geck it still shows up as the sugar bombs poster. question : what can i do to get my small pic into a poster nif so it can be viewed in game without replacing a texture or a nif pleas help i need to get a logo in a poster.

I'd either change it in the .nif via nifskope and the texture node, OR, I'd create a new texture set and apply it in GECK. Either of those two sound familiar?

Create a new textureset that refers to your custom texture. Since poster textures usually combine 4 posters in one image, make sure that your new texture is in the same portion of the image as the old sugar bombs texture. Edit the original poster in the GECK and reference it to your new textureset. Save it as a new, unique item so that you do not overwrite the original item.

I believe there are tutorials for this sort of thing in the pinned threads at the top of the forum.

ok ive made m new texture in the position were the sugar bombs were and i copeyed the nif and attached the texture to thr nif but when i open the nif in the geck its still is sugar bombs and when i open it in the nifskope it has my image so i think i have to do somthing in the geck what do i do. thanks for replying

Youre replacing the world model in the GECK right?

im not trying to replace anything i copyed the poster02 mesh from the meshes.bsa and the urbanposter02 texture from the textures.bsa i edited the texture then got in nifskope on to the BSS section then directed it to the texture i made then i got to geck click new in static items then bring my msh but its still show the sugar bombs and i know i removed its text and replaced it with mine so i am basicly trying to make a complete new poster only with the default fallout 3 poster screen and a texture i made.