TES4 GECKO error

w2drs21

When I try to convert the file the following error comes up - java.io.file not found exception C:/Program Files/Bethesda Soft works/Oblivion/Data/Knights.esm(access is denied)

java.io file output stream .open (Native Method)

java.io file output stream .(unknown source)

java.io file output stream .(unknown source)

TES4Gecko.Convert Task.run(convert task. java:109)

then when I click okay it says not able to convert knights.esp

-w2drs21

I could be completely wrong (as I usually am) but it looks like it didn't have permission to access that file. Two things I would do:

When you run the program, right click the icon and choose "run as administrator".

Check this link, download it and then right click on any files/folders it might be using and take ownership. Some bug with Vista/Win 7

Lemme know if it works.

I could be completely wrong (as I usually am) but it looks like it didn't have permission to access that file. Two things I would do:

When you run the program, right click the icon and choose "run as administrator".

Check this link, download it and then right click on any files/folders it might be using and take ownership. Some bug with Vista/Win 7

Lemme know if it works.

I will try that. Thanks for your help. = )

-w2drs21

Ill let you know if it works.

I moved the files so they were not "protected" by Vista so now it lets me covert the esp. Now ill I have to do is see if it lets me put it in the game hopefully.

thanks for your help.

-w2drs21

Whenever I save it the cs stops working and windows makes me close it. And when I just use the knights esm it doesnt count it as an active file because the oblivion esm was not the active file. Is there a way someone can make an esp that has all the cs data from kotn on it but it wont have the meshes textures sounds ect. or is that illegal? thanks

-w2drs21

There is something strange about the structure of Knights of the Nine. Almost everyone who tries to work with it fails. I suspect there is some hardcoding we don't know about. People would love to make their Knights of the Nine mods as mastered patches dependent upon Knights of the Nine. But they all fail, so they have to modify knights.esp itself and change the base mod to add things and make the tweaks they want to. This makes it so all the Knights of the Nine mods are named knights.esp and they all conflict with every other Knights of the Nine mod.

But whenever I try to edit it directly it doesn't let me. Ugg I wish Bethesda made it merge with oblivion the same way the shivering isle does. So is there any way I can get Umaril into the game? Or is it impossible for me? And how do you edit the knights esp because whenever I do it doesn't let me save.