How long for admint to get back to you?

concretebuffalo

I sent a feedback form to the admin when the site went a bit mad and forced me to log in to download files larger than 2meg... and then wouldn't recognise me... even though I was already logged in.

I raised this on 27th July - how long should I wait?

2-860 weeks, depending on how you phrased your message and what it was about.

Being polite in a message helps greatly (both to staff and members) - if you were polite, you will probably get an answer soon. But remember, the staff on this site does not sit on their computers all day long, they have a life beside it, just saying. :)

Also, explaining your problem in detail will help the staff, and thus giving you a quicker and better answer.

The contact form from any file page goes only to Dark0ne and he has been otherwise occupied for the past couple of weeks.

Perhaps if you tell us what the exact issue is, perhaps we can help.

Buddah

Have you tried a different browser, there are some known issues with Opera and Google Chrome loading from the cache and not from the site directly. If you logged in and it says you haven't try hitting f5 to get a true refresh of the page.

From my own experience I suggest you to try to be as precised as posible when using the contact form for any reason. Also and again from my own experience, Dark0ne will not respond to any friendly messages sent like that, friendly as "Dude, your awesome, I'd like to know bla bla" or "hey, you know what, we should be friends" or something else in that line. For such messages I recommand using the PM message.

PS: He might ignore me deliberately, just to piss me off a little, but you never know. :pirate:

Hi guys, thanks for your responses. The message I sent admin was:

I am logged into the Nexus forums, and am trying to download files over 2mb in size. Whenever I access the download page I see in the top toolbar 'Login | Register'. When I click on the download link I am asked to login. When I click login my username [either email adress or profile name] is not recognised. When I go to register I am transferred to the forums where I am already logged in, forwarded to the page showing the user agreement. Help!

I am using Firefox v3.6.8. This is not a problem resolved by using Internet Explorer. I don't have another browser so haven't tried any others. This has not been resolved by resetting (deleting) cookies.

Hopefully there is an answer! Cheers.