(mod request) NPC trader and mule that add flavor/utility

kelticpete

I have been thinking about an NPC who latches onto the character early in the game.

He is a a very short ghoul and has made his liviing as a tinkerer/traveling seller much like crazy wolfgang. but though he has decent barter, he lacks charisma (like a 3) and he is generally hard to get along with and business has been bad (as in going to wolfgang).

He decides when he meets you that you are going places (a ghoul would remember the former vault dweller and decides to hitch his wagon to your star..)

Basically he has alot of strength, strong back, high sneak, and a set of solar recharging stealth boys that you can't buy, use or steal. he has spent all his energy (skill points) in science, repair, medicine. sneak. He refuses to fight or scout. But if you clear out an area (like a museum) his scripting will have him go into any load screen area where there are no hostiles and pick up everything not marked as stolen. you have to split the profits of the stuff he carries 50/50. he charges you to fix stuff or heal you. I have ideas for his back story. you could set up so that either he goes to town and automatically barters all he is carrying (but this should make you less money that you and him both going to store and you selling each item by first putting it in your inventory. maybe he could be told to put all he is currently carrying in your locker in your house, and until he physically does it and refinds you, he will not be availabe (dogmeat has some way of finding you)..

he should have a high Damage resistance, and endurance and if posslbe the perk animal friend, and have seriously good hitpoints...if he has survived with this donkey in the waste land for over a century, he has to be pretty sneaky and tough.

just an idea I got when I was playing fallout 1 and thinking about fallout 3.

it would be cool if he knew facts about the history of different areas. anyway, do you think anyone would be interested in this as a mod idea