Start Up Crash

bed2245

here's my problem, i recently made a list of a whole bunch of mods i;ve been wanting to download, as i'm downloading them everything is working, alll of the sudden i get to a point where i can't seem to add any more mods. Oblivion works fine when i run it with the mods i currently have, but when i try to activate the esp's for additional mods oblivion crashes on start up, it will get like 5 seconds into the besthesda screen and then just quit, no error message or anything, i know it is not a specific mod because i've tried it with many different mods, i want to to keep installing these mods like i have been doing but i can't because every time i try to do a new one oblivion refuses to start, any ideas as to what is going, i'm very appreciative of this community's desire to help and solve these problems, thanks.

Load order problem I think, but I had the issue more than once that over 280 active and hidden mods (esp files) in the load order did the same, I don't know why that crashes the startup. I had those type of black-screen startup crashes as well if I had incompatible mods that required a compatible patch for each other. I also look after the status of hard disk the oblivion directory is in (Have the mods caused fragmentation?)

Use  Wrye Bash to hide the esp files. You should not have more active than 255 because it is the maximum possible.

You can merge mods with TES4Gecko if you need to reduce the amount of ESP files in your data folder.

Better Oblivion Sorting Software - BOSS for the load order .

I hope that this helps you to find out what's causes the oblivon startup crash on your system. 

Load order problem I think, but I had the issue more than once that over 280 active and hidden mods (esp files) in the load order did the same, I don't know why that crashes the startup. I had those type of black-screen startup crashes as well if I had incompatible mods that required a compatible patch for each other. I also look after the status of hard disk the oblivion directory is in (Have the mods caused fragmentation?)

Use  Wrye Bash to hide the esp files. You should not have more active than 255 because it is the maximum possible.

You can merge mods with TES4Gecko if you need to reduce the amount of ESP files in your data folder.

I hope that this helps you to find out what's causes the oblivon startup crash on your system. 

After doing some checking i think it's the fact that i have over the maximum amount of mods, i'm going to try figuring out how to download wrye to hide some of them, thanks for your help!

After doing some checking i think it's the fact that i have over the maximum amount of mods, i'm going to try figuring out how to download wrye to hide some of them, thanks for your help!

Yeah that was definitly the problem, i used tes4gecko and that worked great, it was just that i had exceeded the maximum number of plugins with small little things added here and there, thanks again for all your help!

Yeah that was definitly the problem, i used tes4gecko and that worked great, it was just that i had exceeded the maximum number of plugins with small little things added here and there, thanks again for all your help!

Thank you for the feedback. It is alway good to know if I could help and where the problem was.