Disarming NPCs

Demeggy

There is a command to damage limbs, maybe using that on their shootin' arm would work.

mhm... you have a point. Plus, we all enjoy breaking a good shootin' arm. Much appreciated Quetz, I'll have a goose and report back.

Well I thought adding it as a hidden perk and 'calculate weapon damage' as an entry point with

GetHitLocation = 14

for the target would do, but zilcho... hmm.

Also, what object type do the explodable vehicles come under??? Movable static just doesn't cut it.

Quick question, it can be done in VATs, anyone know if there's a way one can disarm an NPC when firing at them via a script?

if you have the reference of the target, then you should be able to 'break' the weapon:

npcRef.SetWeaponHealthPerc 0

to simulate a hit on it. Then the npc should just drop it because it's useless.

Heh...what if you applied destruction data to weapons held by enemies?

That would be appropriate for flamethrowers especially. Many operators have gone up like candles after hits on their tanks.

If you speculate that plasma weapons have plasma containment chambers that could rupture on receiving damage, then watching Enclave troops burst into green flame from a sniper shot on their fancy weapons could be entertaining.

Quick question, it can be done in VATs, anyone know if there's a way one can disarm an NPC when firing at them via a script?

if you have the reference of the target, then you should be able to 'break' the weapon:

Is there anyway of applying this to any NPC you encounter though without prescripting every possiblr NPC Ref ID? Otherwise nice idea, me likey.

Is there anyway of applying this to any NPC you encounter though without prescripting every possiblr NPC Ref ID? Otherwise nice idea, me likey.

I assumed that you already had the Ref of the target npc from a weapon script. In that case targetRef == npcRef, so it would be

targetRef.SetWeaponHealthPerc 0

Others have done it with weapon scripts (I haven't, yet) - EVE is full of examples of this type of thing, so you don't need to have all NPC's pre-scripted.

I assumed that you already had the Ref of the target npc from a weapon script. In that case targetRef == npcRef, so it would be

Others have done it with weapon scripts (I haven't, yet) - EVE is full of examples of this type of thing, so you don't need to have all NPC's pre-scripted.

So what we're syaing in on the weaponscript, in a GameMode block, I want to pop in

?

When you say EVE..? (Erp! :P)