Help with HGEC BBB, and SexyWalk

Zaelers

I just bought Oblivion GOTY through steam, and have gotten OBSE and OBMM to work well enough to know what I'm doing.

The only problems so far, is that when I install HGEC BBB, it replaces my HighRez HGEC textures with the regular ones (the models and textures all look different and change when I do it), so I have to go and change it back. I also have no way of telling if BBB is working or not, especially when the Maximum Compatibility Skeleton mod gets overwritten by the files from HGEC BBB, and vice versa.

Also, SexyWalk just won't work, at all. I've tried using the OMOD version of it, and tried all the different options it gives you when activating it though OBMM... just won't work for me.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong here?

**EDIT** I have gotten SexyWalk to work with BBB, I don't really know what it was I did, but yeah...

Also, a little unrelated, but would I be able to add any other animations like running, idle, attacks, jumps, etc..., without overriding the walk animation from BBB/SexyWalk?

If you don't want HGEC BBB to replace your textures, simply go into the uninstalled zip and remove the texture folder from it before installing. Same goes for anim replacers, find out which file sexywalk adds and remove that file from your anim replacer.

All of your problems are due to overwriting files :) - you just need to pick which files you do and do not want before installing. Make sure to keep the file path intact though.

• 3 months later...

Hi Zaelers, you could learn how to use Wrye Bash and it's Bashed Patch.

I'm a late-comer too and am in the process of changing as many of the 175 mods I am using to BAIN installers for Wrye Bash. 10 to go and I have fully merged (with TES4Gecko) about a dozen in those 165 so far. I found out that Wrye Bash is absolutely essential in order to use the overhauls and other complex mods I want (Frans, OOO, WarCry, Bobs Armory, MMM, COBL, uFCOM).

Here's the tools I use...

#          Name            Install Method                 Info

01	WryePython		EXE		Requirement for Wrye Bash (Need Admin rights to install)

02	Wrye Bash               EXE		Effortless install. Turn "Lock Times" off when asked on first run after install.

03	OBMM			EXE		(Requires Admin rights to install)  Wrye Bash has internal button.

04	OBSE			MANUAL	        Copy obse_x_x_xxx.dll, obse_editor_x_x.dll, and obse_steam_loader.dll to your Oblivion directory. 
					Copy the obse_loader.exe from the OBSE ZIP into the Oblivion directory. 
                                                 Steam users do not need to use the EXE, but some OMOD scripts check for it.
						"Enable Steam Community In-Game" is required for OBSE to work.

05	Pluggy			MANUAL	        Extract "OBSE_Elys_Pluggy.dlx" and "OBSE_Elys_Pluggy.dll" to "Oblivion Install Directory\Data\OBSE\Plugins\". 
                                                        If you don't have an "..\OBSE\Plugins\" directory, create one.

06	TES4Edit/TES4View       MANUAL	        1.Extract the archive into your Oblivion folder.    
                                               2.Duplicate the executable, and rename the copy TES4View.exe. >> notes: TES4View.exe is the view-only version
                                                           Wrye Bash has internal button.

07	TES4Gecko		MANUAL	        Extract the TES4Gecko 15.2 folder anywhere e.g. \Oblivion Mods\ folder. Create a shortcut to TES4Gecko.jar

08	TES4LODGen		MANUAL	        Extract to Oblivion folder. Create a shortcut to TES4LODGen.exe  Wrye Bash has internal button.

09	BOSS			MANUAL	        Extract BOSS.bat, BOSS.exe, masterlist.txt to \oblivion\Data\ folder run .bat file NOT .exe. 
			                            Update masterlist.txt frequently.  Wrye Bash has internal button.  

10 	TES Construction Set 	EXE		(Requires Admin rights to install)  Wrye Bash has internal button.  

11	Oblivion Content Validator              Checks the following folders: "textures", "meshes", "sounds" and all the subfolders. 
					Every .dds texture, every ".nif" mesh and every sound file that should override the default ones is added to the ArchiveInvalidation.txt.

Google should find you all of those, it did for me.