Corrupt Save Games Problem!

Dustonimore

Ok, so every single time I try to make a save or if it autosaves, it is corrupt (note: I do not have any current save game that I am trying to keep, I just want the saving to work...). :sad: Please tell me how to make this work... My saves folder does have all the stuff like the "folder for your current profile" or whatever, but I don't really understand it. So once again, please help me get this to work. Thanks for your help in advance! :)

Edit: Oh also, I have OBSE running so that created to more files in my save folder... Also, I don't see a quicksave file either... UGH... :wallbash:

Try doing a named save. Go to the console "~" key and type:

save ****

instead of ***** make a name for the save. Then maybe you can save over that.

Thanks for the idea and I might try it, but for now I would really like it if my autosaves would work as well. :wink: Does anyone else have an idea as to how I might be able to fix this please? :sweat:

Thanks for the idea and I might try it, but for now I would really like it if my autosaves would work as well. :wink: Does anyone else have an idea as to how I might be able to fix this please? :sweat: .

From what I read that might actually fix it.

You can also try:

Go to you documents/games/oblivion folder and take all the files out and save them somewhere.

Start the game. This should rebuild your ini file etc.

Thanks for the idea and I might try it, but for now I would really like it if my autosaves would work as well. :wink: Does anyone else have an idea as to how I might be able to fix this please? :sweat: .

From what I read that might actually fix it.

You can also try:

Go to you documents/games/oblivion folder and take all the files out and save them somewhere.

Start the game. This should rebuild your ini file etc.

I should have tried that before I deleted everything... I went ahead and made a clean slate just in case. Thanks for your advice though (and knowing that I really like to screw with my oblivion :P, I'll mess it up again somehow). See you around! :D