ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Xcom EW LW french pass in English with TEXMOD

fazer93

Hello .( Made with Google Translate )

I own long war with xcom EW install version 14d .
I wanted to install the mod Military texture LW through Textmod but as soon as I load the games with TEXMOD . Xcom pass in English and not French .
Do you know where that can come ?

Thank you for your help.

TexMod is discarding all command line switches. In your case it may be -language switch.

1. Note a name of you renamed XComEW.exe (I am using XComEWReal.exe).

2. Create a batch file in XEW\Binaries\Win32\ folder. Name it as you want, for an example XComEWReal.bat, and edit it. It should contain:

XComEWReal.exe -language=FRA

3. Point TexMod to that file (Target application > Browse > Use dropdown menu to see all files > Select *.bat file you created.

Hope it works for you.

Edit 2016: If it doesn't work for you, you can try to change the language in DefaultEngine.ini + enable ini loading, as suggested later in this thread.

Edited by Drakous79

• 3 months later...
  • 11 months later...

TexMod is discarding all command line switches. In your case it may be -language switch.

1. Note a name of you renamed XComEW.exe (I am using XComEWReal.exe).

2. Create a batch file in XEW\Binaries\Win32\ folder. Name it as you want, for an example XComEWReal.bat, and edit it. It should contain:

XComEWReal.exe -language=FRA

3. Point TexMod to that file (Target application > Browse > Use dropdown menu to see all files > Select *.bat file you created.

Hope it works for you.

Thank you for your help, this method work for me.

First i tried to edit the "Baseengine.ini" in "steam\steamapps\common\XCom-Enemy-Unknown\XEW\Engine\Config" by editing Language=int to Language=FRA but it don't work.

I just tried your method and it works, for people who can't add .bat to TEXMOD, just change the file option at the bottom when you want to find your .bat.

Hi chris920965, glad it worked for you :)

I failed to notice, that not everyone is able to type *.* to see all files to select from.

---

Fredybash, if you ever read this, the language is set in Steam application. Go to Library, right click on XCOM: Enemy Uknown and select Properties. Next there will be Language tab, where can be the language changed.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi there, I'm trying to setup a French version of LW and include a few texmod files in the process and it's driving me nuts. I've always played EU/EW/LW in English but since I'm gonna stream this campaign on a French channel I wanted to install the client and LW in French ... and everything went south. The installation worked fine, all patchergui mods are working, but texmod is not cooperating.

For some reason, XCOMEW.EXE always loops back to XCOMLAUNCHER.EXE, which wasn't the case as far as I can remember last time I installed XCOM a year ago!

This means that if I use texmod to launch XCOMEW.EXE (the main exe, about 27MB in size), it will loop back to the launcher (1.1 MB) and brings me the popup where I get to choose between EU and EW. Of course this ruins the texmod input and fails to load any tpf file I'd like to use. I've checked carefully to make sure that I hadn't renamed anything wrong, but no.

If I simply remove the launcher file, the game launches in XCOM EU mode, despite using the XCOMEW.EXE file.

Only option I have is to :

- Keep XCOMLAUNCHER as it is. Initiate an absurd launch sequence from this very file

- Rename my texmod file into XCOMEW.EXE. It is therefore called by the launcher and launches texmod

- Use texmod to call an XCOMTRUE.EXE and load all the tpfs tht I want. This works, but gives me an english client.

In order to get it in french, I tried to squeeze in a bat file, as advised above. I've first used computers back on the DOS age, so I'm quite familiar with them. I used the launch command provided by Drakous79 above and pointed to it from the texmod window. This leads to this madness :

XCOMLAUNCHER launches TEXMOD (via renamed exe) which launches my BAT file which launches XCOMEW.EXE (renamed as XCOMtrue.exe)

Except that it doesn't work. If I do so, I get the game in French, but no textures whatsoever.

So in short, I can either get the game to work :

- In English but with proper textures loaded

- In French without textures.

(Language is set to French in Steam, I don't mind editing any mysterious ini that could solve this or do a voodoo ritual, but that is just plain weird!)

Hi vathar.

I think I have a solution for you.

For some unknown reason, the bat file isn't working for me anymore. But chris920965 had good idea to change the language in ini file!

1. Edit Steam\SteamApps\common\XCom-Enemy-Unknown\XEW\XComGame\Config\DefaultEngine.ini and change

Language=INT
// to
Language=FRA

Save the file.

2. Rename XComEW.exe to XComEWReal.exe

3. Rename TexMod.exe to XComEW.exe

4. Run the launcher and point TexMod to XComEWReal.exe

5. Enjoy.

Edited by Drakous79