Massive Mod Idea - New Origin Stories

someguynamedjoe

Disclaimer: I SUCK at things such as modeling, morphing, and anything involving visual effects. I CAN, however, write scripts, dialogue, and voice act. That's why I'm looking for help with this.

So, I've been brainstorming ideas for my first mod, and I know how ambitious this sounds; I was disappointed at the lack of different origin stories (especially for mages and humans), and so, I wanted to work together with some of the incredibly talented people here to give players more options to choose from regarding Origin stories. Before I write the entire plots for all of them, I will give brief outlines of what I have in mind.

Apostate Mage: (Human Mage, MEDIUM)

You are the son/daughter of a middle-class family from Denerim. Your parents have never been fond of the Chantry, and as such, the discovery that you have had an affinity for magic at a young age terrified your parents, due to the fact that they know of how the Chantry treats your kind. You were thus sent to a village in the Frostback Mountains to be raised by your uncle in secrecy from the Chantry.

Highlights:

• Dealing with the dangers of the Fade without the assistance of the Circle.
  • A Templar discovers your existance. Do you kill her, or let her live?
  • A demon possesses your uncle in the climax. Worth with Duncan to either save him, or kill him.

Dalish Mage: (Elven Mage, HARD)

You are one of the lucky elves to be discovered to have an affinity for magic in your clan. You are thus next in line to become Keeper following the retirement of the current Keeper, who is an elderly woman with a dark secret that threatens to destroy your clan, and your romance with the son/daughter of the Clan's greatest warrior. When he/she finally disappears and is found dead in the forest, you are faced with a decision that could ultimately end up with your clan turning against you.

Highlights:

• A unique set of weapons and robes of Dalish origin for Keepers.
  • A unique romance that depends on which gender you choose.
  • The consequences of your actions regarding the inevitable choice you have to make regarding the dark secret your Keeper is holding.
  • An interesting set of dialogue for when you finally return to Bricillian Forest later in the game.

There are others that I have in mind (such as Human Barbarian and Human Commoner), and I will update this post if I get a decent enough group of people to help me with this project. I thought that this was the right forum to post this in, and if it's not, I'm sorry.

So... any takers?

One thing though, there would have to be at least be some sort of minor reactions throughout the game at certain points to your Origin.

If you complete your Origin, and never see those people again, and no one ever mentions anything about where you come from, it might feel kind of stale.

Otherwise, this is a good idea, but lot of work =P

I really wish I could help, but I'm all talentless and stuff.

• 1 month later...

I'm in, I'm new to editing using the toolset but I so eager to make such things like that!

I'm a programmer so it might help me helping you :P

any way I will do anything I can to help (script/voice act anything - well except mapping, I suck at mapping)

if you interested in my help then let me know!