Fallout 3 Heightmap WorldSpace Creation

KDStudios

Hello there,

I am currently planning a mod of which the nexus has never seen before.

But needless to say I need a new worldspace to do it.

Now this worldspace isn't any old worldspace (Because making a worldspace is SIMPLE)

Putting this simply...

I need a worldspace identical to the capital wasteland, and I mean completely identical.

Now to do this, I presumed it would be as easy as 1, 2, 3 and to be honest... it really is.

But because Bethesda don't know how to make stable programs/games the Geck completely dies at this.

All I wanted to do was export the heightmap of the Wasteland and import it into the Wasteland02(example name)

Now for reasons completely oblivious to me it just crashes. On Windows 7, Windows Vista and Windows XP.

I thought that maybe it was the size, so I tried it with a small workspace such as Megaton...

Did exactly the same there. =/

I was just wondering if anyone would be willing to make that one worldspace for me please?

I cannot make the mod without it... Well I can but the Wasteland wouldn't exactly look like the wasteland =(

Ps. Ok guys please don't post silly messages to me like I don't know what I am doing. I am experienced and know what I am doing.

Reinstalling the Geck wont work as it is a problem in the Geck itself.

Reinstalling Fallout 3 won't work for same reasons above.

I also know that there is another way to do this with some Tes V-something program. But I can't be bothered with something as simple as this and having to do all of that because Bethesda can't make stable programs haha.

So yeah.

Anyone who can do this please do.

You will have a million and one thankyou's

Credits

and Kudos for your work.

Some information about the mod:

Alternate Wasteland with a new look.

Will be using different textures and meshes.

This won't be some silly mod that makes a fatman in the middle of the worldspace that shoots 100 nukes a second... please... theres enough of that on the Nexus.

This is actually a MASSIVE undertaking and will most likely end up being the size of a DLC

I have had this issue many times, but I have succesfuly re - created the wasteland in the past. After the GECK dies, restart it and try again. If it still doesnt work, and dies on you, try it again. I had to repeat this process, and one time, I got it to work.

I'm sorry, I cannot re - create a worldspace for your, i'm pretty booked as it is. Imma leading the COI Team on a few projects right now, so. Theres nothing I can do.

Good luck with it KD!

Just so you know, it seems like a memory issue. I suggest that you close all other programs before you try again.

...if it isn't too secret, may I ask what this is for? This seems an unusually ambitious attempt at modding.

Memory issue? I have 16GB RAM........... Heheheheheheh sorry, in my 6GB machine I'd understand but 16GB naw but thanks for the suggestion. =]

It isn't TOO secret but: 1, Don't want to get peoples hopes up about it and 2, It's a huge project, and I like to give surprises.

It is basically a New/Alternate capital wasteland I have planned, but nothing like the original =)

But I can't start it until the worldspace exists!

Oh and to continue the memory concern, the Geck is unstable as it is and I've looked on the web and it seems the Heighmap Editer crashes almost all the time =/

Thing is I even tried my 4GB WinXP machine and it still crashed. So it CANT be a memory problem and xp is the native program for the Geck =/

My knowledge of programing is second to everyone, so I'm probably completely missing the point: Since the GECK would be a 32bit program, would editing the exe to allow >2Gb memory addresses change anything? In exactly the same way as is done for the FO3 exe? It does sorta sound like memory problem symptoms, if not the hardware, then maybe the soft side?

If I'm completely wrong, please have a shot at pointing out what I'm missing.

It can hardly be memory or hardware problems.

Unless my 3 totally different computers with different operating systems AND most likely you (if you try doing it) are completely uncompatable with G.E.C.K =P

Also to be honest I'm not asking for a way to do this, I'm asking someone to do this for me. It is really easy to do but G.E.C.K hates me =P

So if anyone's heightmap editing actually works can you please do this for me... Kinda dying from desperation now haha.