Request for 360 mods without modding my 260

Afriokingj

I was playing Fallout 3 on the 360 {without any DLC] and by the time i got to the ending without the fallout 1 and 2 epilogues I just kinda lost interest. I know it's probably impossible to use mods on an 360 without modding the 360 itself. but im using an mp3/media player as an makeshift 3gb save device since i couldnt afford a harddrive and i kinda hoped i could download some mods onto it and have them brought into the game. like they used to do on the original xbox with save games files like when i played kotor and started the game with Revans outfit and a whole bunch of super weapons and full exp so i could level myself up completely. {not reccomended since you dont get jedi till dantooine] Im sure microsoft has prevented this but i can hope.

Mods i'd like if it's possible

Max Special and high enough skills that i can level up and allocate points without problem or just fully leveled with all perks

Powerful weapons and armor in my vault room i can grab before i escape.

Scanty clothes for npc's

Mesmetron mods and lots of collar mods

New places or fast travel anywhere even if i hadnt been there yet since i never got to republic of dave or 40% of the places in my first playthrough.

thanks for reading.

oh and if you just need to know character appearence if its a savegame

caucasian male purple hair green eye

caucasian female red hair green eye

thanks again

its possible 100% if you can get complete permission from Microsoft and Bethesda although its not important for Bethesda to know cause its there fault they made the geck and they have no right to say no as i remember there was no list of rules with the geck so mods and dlc's are made by computer its important to have what Bethesda have that transforms pc data into Microsoft data then wallah you have a mod But you must have a pirated version of Xbox 360 so it can read stuff like that and i guess if you have Microsoft permission they will help you with that but i am guessing theyl say no and give you a original copy of halo 3 for a gift as sorry we can not help you with that.

@BlackSampleAdmin.Wrong. There is a license agreement you are supposed to read and MUST accept when you install the GECK. Some of the conditions (paraphrased) is that you will not use it for illegal purposes - such as copyright infringement. And you will only use it with a legal copy of the game. And that you will not sell anything made with the GECK. And if you made it with the GECK, then Bethsoft owns the rights and can sell it without paying you anything (for example as a DLC)

Bben46's FAQ, Can I use the mods on my 360? Or PS3?

Short answer, No.

Long answer. The file structures between the 360/PS3 and PC are totally different. Even if you could get a mod made for the PC into the 360/PS3 it won't work. To get it to work, you will have to rewrite the operating system of the 360/PS3 first, then rewrite every mod to work on that new operating system. Then, the maker of the 360/PS3 doesn't want you to do that. If you modify anything in it, they will block you the next time you go on their site. (read their terms and conditions) They make their money selling you new games and not by allowing you to use free mods.

Yes, there are sites that will tell you how to modify your 360 or PS3 so it can use mods. However, it is not a simple process and involves voiding your warranty, and the terms of service you agreed to when you first got the thing. - and risks turning your expensive console into a nice looking paperweight. There are currently very few working mods for Oblivion/FO3 available for the hacked consoles. And, the first time your 360 connects to the MS site - your particular box is banned forever. Even if you unhack it. (Check recent xbox news on Microsoft banning nearly a million xboxes with “No recourse” for "hacking them".)

Sony has a similar policy regarding PS3, just not quite as draconian.

You agreed to this when you signed up! Read the fine print -Paraphrased: You have the right to use it only in the way they want you to use it and if you ever try to use it in any other way than the one they give you, they have the right to shut you down. If you need a paperweight, go down to the building supply and buy a brick - it's cheaper.

My advice, start saving now for a good PC - don't get a cheap one.

@BlackSampleAdmin. Wrong. There is a license agreement you are supposed to read and MUST accept when you install the GECK. - If you do not click on the accept button it will not install. Some of the conditions (paraphrased) is that you will not use it for illegal purposes - such as copyright infringement. And you will only use it with a legal copy of the game. And that you will not sell anything made with the GECK. And if you made it with the GECK, then Bethsoft owns the rights and can sell it without paying you anything (for example as a DLC)

Short answer, No.

Long answer. The file structures between the 360/PS3 and PC are totally different. Even if you could get a mod made for the PC into the 360/PS3 it won't work. To get it to work, you will have to rewrite the operating system of the 360/PS3 first, then rewrite every mod to work on that new operating system. Then, the maker of the 360/PS3 doesn't want you to do that. If you modify anything in it, they will block you the next time you go on their site. (read their terms and conditions) They make their money selling you new games and not by allowing you to use free mods.

Yes, there are sites that will tell you how to modify your 360 or PS3 so it can use mods. However, it is not a simple process and involves voiding your warranty, and the terms of service you agreed to when you first got the thing. - and risks turning your expensive console into a nice looking paperweight. There are currently very few working mods for Oblivion/FO3 available for the hacked consoles. And, the first time your 360 connects to the MS site - your particular box is banned forever. Even if you unhack it. (Check recent xbox news on Microsoft banning nearly a million xboxes with "No recourse" for "hacking them".)

You agreed to this when you signed up! Read the fine print -Paraphrased: You have the right to use it only in the way they want you to use it and if you ever try to use it in any other way than the one they give you, they have the right to shut you down. If you need a paperweight, go down to the building supply and buy a brick - it's cheaper.

@BlackSampleAdmin. Wrong. There is a license agreement you are supposed to read and MUST accept when you install the GECK. - If you do not click on the accept button it will not install. Some of the conditions (paraphrased) is that you will not use it for illegal purposes - such as copyright infringement. And you will only use it with a legal copy of the game. And that you will not sell anything made with the GECK. And if you made it with the GECK, then Bethsoft owns the rights and can sell it without paying you anything (for example as a DLC)

Short answer, No.

Yes, there are sites that will tell you how to modify your 360 or PS3 so it can use mods. However, it is not a simple process and involves voiding your warranty, and the terms of service you agreed to when you first got the thing. - and risks turning your expensive console into a nice looking paperweight. There are currently very few working mods for Oblivion/FO3 available for the hacked consoles. And, the first time your 360 connects to the MS site - your particular box is banned forever. Even if you unhack it. (Check recent xbox news on Microsoft banning nearly a million xboxes with "No recourse" for "hacking them".)

My bad sorry that sucks but still i think if Bethesda try they can make modding possible for x360 "sigh" if they just had enough time and weren't lazy then this would be possible hope my group gets to some part enough to make some games and models... but from the looks we cant even make a website :verymad:

-BsA-

Most of that information is outdated. You still can't mod models and textures but theoretically anything possible in the geck is possible in the game. You simply have to do it all by yourself in game with tools added to your gamesave. You definitely won't get banned for it since you don't have to flash/jtag your 360. Sadly, I have a PS3, and there's no port of the program for it.