What order...

Lehcar

...Do you complete the main quests in? I know you can do them in any order you please, but I assume everyone must follow a certain routine out of pure habit...

Personally I almost always go save Redcliffe Village first, then go do the Broken Circle quest, go back to Redcliffe and save Connor, then do the Sacred Urn quest, go back to Redcliffe and save Eamon, then do the Paragon of Her Kind quest, then do the Nature of the Beast quest last.

It can vary sometimes but that's the standard order I do them. I've tried to break the habit of doing it that way and try to do them in a different order just to mix things up a bit, but it's extremely hard to do and so far I've failed... :wacko:

I mix it up. Sometimes I go to Orzammar first, sometimes I go kill fake Waylon and go after the urn. Other times I will go get Shale or take back the peak. Sometimes I do the circle first, others I push the dialogue and almost have to kill Isolde. The only one I haven't done first (I've done it second) is the Nature of the Beast and I do not know why; perhaps this run through I will.

I always do Orzammar LAST. This is because my first time playing I went there first, and, being very inexperienced with RPGs was low lvl, had crap equipment, no healer, died a few dozen times and nearly gave up on the game until I read the wiki about challenge scaling. These days, I manage fine mostly on Nightmare, but as a habit I still leave the Deep Roads well alone until lvl 15-16.

I usually also leave the Urn quite late, just in case I decide to fight the guardian, and also so I can slay the Dragon and not have to come back once I've left.

As for what I do first... I usually leave that up to character background. My mage went straight back to the circle, my dalish archer went to Nature of the Beast etc.

i go up my relationship with alistair before i go redcliffe, then i go into redcliffe persuade as much people as can

then i go mage tower and do whoever i want, if im evil i let mages die if i am good and want to please alistair i let mages live, then i go denerim and talk to his sister. Then i go do the village to get the urn. then i go orzzy, then woods. then i save the boy and then do landsmeet

...Do you complete the main quests in? I know you can do them in any order you please, but I assume everyone must follow a certain routine out of pure habit...

Personally I almost always go save Redcliffe Village first, then go do the Broken Circle quest, go back to Redcliffe and save Connor, then do the Sacred Urn quest, go back to Redcliffe and save Eamon, then do the Paragon of Her Kind quest, then do the Nature of the Beast quest last.

It can vary sometimes but that's the standard order I do them. I've tried to break the habit of doing it that way and try to do them in a different order just to mix things up a bit, but it's extremely hard to do and so far I've failed... :wacko:

Well this time I usually did Soldiers Peak than Return to Ostegar than the circle. This was before I got the Shale DLC fixed. To fix it to where it would work properly I had to do a full clean re-installation of the game. So the next time I run through it I'll do Soldiers peak; Shale, Circle, Than RTO and Ozzamar. After all Ozzar has some great stuff you can get out of it.<G> Usually save Redcliffe for last for some reason. Oh I know why I do that because of the dag blooming Dragon on Top of the Mt. Even though I love the armor you get from that quest that Wade makes.

Right now I'm working through Awakenings for the first time.

I usually hit Lothering first, since its kinda mandatory. Then hit the circle tower quest, to get the nag...er... Wynn to help out in fighting some of those undead when I hit Redcliff afterwards. Then back to the circle to help out the demonchild er.. Conner. Then usually out to the Dalish elves. Then its just whatever I felt like. I do usually do orzammar last as well. For the most part, thats my least favorite place to be, since most of the dwarven nobility make we wish I could bury an axe in their face.

I usually hit Lothering first, since its kinda mandatory. Then hit the circle tower quest, to get the nag...er... Wynn

he, funny that, I used to basically depend on her as a healer when I didn't know what I was doing. Now I am much more confident with crowd control and generally not dying, I prefer to just kill her along with the rest of that pesky circle XD anyway it's not my fault, Morrigan told me to do it

"Morrigan told me to" Hahahaha thats a pretty good one :)

Actually, when it comes to redcliff.... redcliff is actually not that much of a challenge for me. So what I do, I make every effort possible to keep as many of the NPCs alive as possible. So what I do (using the no autolevel mod) is set Wynn up as a combo healer/AoE mage, and have her (manually controlling her character) healing on the ones that I can't control or set up tactics for.

In the first attack of redcliff I have her set up in an ambush point where she and Morrigan can use AOE spells on the choke point where the undead come in down thru that passage. The town defenders practically do no fighting as my team is intercepting them before they can even get there.

In the second wave down in the square it gets trickier, since the AoE isnt good to use around the defenders. So I'm manually using heals from her and Morrigan on the villagers along with throwing crowd control when possible. Or, noxing damange, if possible. Then me and usually either Sten (set up as dual wield) or Leliana (DW as well) try to keep as many of the invaders occupied as possible.

Second wave is challenging when you set out to keep as many of the defenders alive as possible. Makes it fun for me in what would otherwise be just a big fat melee.

But yeah... for myself MAYBE a potion or two here and there, but keeping the defenders alive does take some healing from the two mages on a fairly regular basis. :confused:

After that tho, I leave her in camp a lot, and avoid talking to her as much as possible. after my 3rd playthrough she just started getting on my nerves so bad that I try to stay away from her.

ah, I like the idea with redcliffe, I might have to try that challenge myself. I usually manage to keep all the "main" NPCs alive (Ser Perth, the Mayor etc.) but I treat the rest as expendable and just nuke the place (or set my entire party up with a bow and just stand on the hill picking them off)

in a twisted way, I actually found it MORE fun and challenging not to rescue the village. The castle break-in turns really, really scary as the monster number in the dungeons is basically trippled if not more. close-quarters mess which is quite enjoyable if it weren't for the fact I still feel like a complete d*** for letting them all die in the first place. Still, that was my "evil" completionist playthrough, where I did other nasty things like kill Connor... *points a finger at Morrigan again*