Are you an honest person?

Lehcar

Are you an honest person? I will be honest when I say I am not a very honest person. I'm not a compulsive liar; I'm usually truthful with my mum about things, just because she's my mum and I love her. But with anyone else, it's a pretty grey area. I will lie if it's for my own personal benefit or gain, or to protect myself from getting into any kind of trouble, or to get something I want. I will also be honest if it's for those same reasons. It all depends. But I will not lie about something if it does not affect me personally either way.

The reason I've shied away from honesty so much is because I've had all too many experiences in the past where attempting to be honest did not do me any good, and only made things worse, caused more trouble or problems for me. Like that time someone at school physically attacked me with a tire iron (apparently because they thought I called them a name or something, I don't know) and I attempted to fight back and protect myself from them. I tried to be nice and reasonable and truthful when explaining what happened to the vice principal... but guess who was the one who got kicked out of school for the incident? Oh Lord, I'm not even going to get started on that.

I believe that I am as honest as I possibly can be. I try to be straightforward with people, and this has often been known to get me in trouble. I believe that the truth will get you to the best solution in the long run. And, most importantly I want and expect people to be honest with me. I cannot really ask that if I am not willing to give it in return. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to say that I have never done a dishonest deed or told a lie. But, I have tried to keep them to a minimum. And believe it or not, I have suffered greatly for any serious dishonesty for which I have been guilty. It just doesn't sit right with me. And there is one other factor that begins to set in at my age. I could no longer remember what I'd said if I told a lie, and I would be contradicting it 10 minutes or 2 days later or eventually. The truth is safer.

Read the title below my name. I usualy don't give a f*ck as long as no one is hurt why hide hehind a wall of lies? Most people act wierd when they lie about something, so you'll have to be a good liar to hide certain stuff from others. I don't complicate my life with such things. If the truth can make others feel unconfortable or sad, at least they'll know the truth instead of some lies that will only turn against me or him/her later. Simple!:thumbsup: