M.O.E. Main Quest Delayer Help

LoneEagle

I have the Main Quest Delayer from the Modular Oblivion Enhanced Mod, and I went all the way through the dark brotherhood quest not knowing that it would prevent me from being able to start the main quest. When I get arrested by a high-ranking official, and get sent into the cell where you first start, Valen Dreth does not say anything to me. It's because I did the quest for the dark brotherhood where you had to murder Valen Dreth. Is there any way to force his script so that he speaks to me, or force the Emperor and his body guards to come down the stairs? I would really rather not start a whole new account.

What if you used the 'player.setstage' code to set it to the next stage?

If I remember correctly, that doesn't work due to the first quest not being an actual quest (meaning one that updates in your quest log). What I generally do is use "coc warehouseclothing" and grab the Amulet of Kings off the table. Then, just take it to Jauffre like usual. Of course, I'm not sure what would happen since Uriel should be dead... Best I can recommend though.

Wait, you mean you played the quest where you murdered Valen Dreth, but then were arrested in IC, and here's there again in the prison?

Wait, you mean you played the quest where you murdered Valen Dreth, but then were arrested in IC, and here's there again in the prison?

Nah, but I've gotten so sick of going through the sewers I'll usually just grab the amulet and go. So, what I recommend doing, is use the console command "disable" on Dreth to get rid of him like he should be, and then just use COC to get out. Since he doesn't talk to you, the next part of the quest, where Uriel comes downstairs, shouldn't be triggered, so I don't think you'll have any problems there.