Uploading my modifications of other people mods

Osuirof

If the data is ported data from another game? then you do need to speak with the authors...

So once again - who are the authors ? Because if you look again at my previous post, and what I quoted, there are some "mixed messages" about it.

...and moderation teams here to make sure all data is exceptionable.

I know. That's why I wrote this:

Thank you, The_Vyper, but I want a "ruling" from someone from the staff.

But since no mod wants too, can you tell me who holds the position of "inquisitor" ?

If you need the file to be inspected?

I don't know. That's why I'm asking.

...so many ways to words things and the simple thing here is, you were already told.

No I wasn't. But you right about the first part - so many words, and still no straight answer :sad:

your in a place, a in-between a rock and a hard place to get into or out of, Dammed if you do or dammed if you don't.

you can't distribute data without permissions, if the user or author was banned, there is no avenue here you can use so there won't BE an answer to give to you. Out of polite kindness I respond with a soft glove.

This is a mod host only, they are not required to give you answers about data no longer here or not allowed to BE here. xnay on modray sort of thing.

IF there is an off site location these data packs are located, I suggest finding a way to get in touch with some one that can answer these things for you.

You can't upload say My mod with out my permission even if I have not been active for many many years. The limits is 200 or more? LOL ,heck I don't know, but it is not your butt that's on the slab that will get chopped up. Its' the site that takes the liabilities for allowing breach of contracts to occur.

The whole point of obtain permissions is to allow them Freemon for you and them to allow the hosting of any product.

I sure hope this makes some kind of sense cuz like I said, there are many ways a worded sentence can be taken.......and Believe me, I have had my fill of it too. But, i know whats real and whats not. IF the data is not from this game, then getting involved with it is your risk ,if you were told you can not use the data and the language has no meaning? then I have no way to make you understand it any other way.

If the data is from fallout 3's data base and NOT from a ported data base, then your still going to need permissions from this author and any 3rd or 4rth or any parties involved with the data. What if ? you do upload it ,and later Down the road, a complaint is filed by the true owners of said data?

They expected the site to moderate whats on here.......in good faith....and to return only to see their stuff being uploaded once again?

What If the data in-question was used out of order and the true author was given the data with an understanding it was produced by personal nature and this turns out to be false?

Now your in a wicked stick of trouble and are responsible for the act, it also makes the allowance of it the responsibility of the site..too. so you end up out on the street in the cold because you get banned for doing so....this covers the liability part for a small measure of renascences that some one some where has some say so in some what of these kinds of matters.

Damm, a whole paragraph again.

No I wasn't. But you right about the first part - so many words, and still no straight answer

That's the best i can do for what it may entangle me into here? Provide here any links to any one that has some sort of interest in all of this data and allow me to research it, I have better contacts than you do, that's for sure. but this kinda warrants a lock down as there is too much "if's" surrounding it.

kitty

Edited by Purr4me