Sound Replacement - Level Up

ShainAsuka

Hello forum goers.

I've been trying for the longest time to replace the sound of leveling up with the Cosmos Fanfare from Dissidia Final Fantasy.

My idea was to change that little drumming piece into the first bit of the fanfare and then when the stats came up the rest would play. I have tried to create the same File Path as shown the the archiver and set the ArchiveInvalidation.txt to label the change, but still to no avail. Can anyone help with this problem?

I believe to understand what you're doing.

You should rename the song from FF to the name of the Original.

Rename "Cosmic Fanfare" to "Original", I said Original, I dunno the original name :/ .

I don't know how you invalidate your archive (I use FOMM), but I don't even have an ArchiveInvalidation.txt file in my Fallout dir nor in the on in My Documents.

I believe to understand what you're doing.

You should rename the song from FF to the name of the Original.

Rename "Cosmic Fanfare" to "Original", I said Original, I dunno the original name :/ .

I don't know how you invalidate your archive (I use FOMM), but I don't even have an ArchiveInvalidation.txt file in my Fallout dir nor in the on in My Documents.

Well I've only been going by what I've read on a few forums. What I've been led to believe is that I need to recreate the file path listed in the archiver in the Data folder and then place the file I want with the same name as the original, in that folder. When I do this, however, all I get when I level up is silence.

I'm going to assume you're using Windows XP, if you aren't, then I can't help you.

Okay, first and foremost, use the Fallout Mod Manager to invalidate your archive.

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=640

There's a button right there on the main menu, just press it and you're done.

Now on how to use the Cosmos Fanfare,

First and foremost, ensure that it's a .wav file, otherwise it will NOT work, secondly, rename it to "mus_success", minus the quotes, again, it will not work unless you do this.

Then, follow this file path;

C:/ Program Files/ Bethesda Softworks/ Fallout 3/ Data/ Sound/ FX/

And place "mus_success" file inside the MUS folder, if you're missing any of the above folders, just make them yourself.

I know that this is how it works because I've actually done the same thing as you, except I used the Chaos Fanfare.

Enjoy.

I did exactly that and all I get is silence.... I wonder why...

You're sure it's a .wav file and not an .mp3 file? Because that part is really important.

If it isn't a .wav file you can download Audacity (do a Google search), open the file using the program, and just export the file as a .wav directly into the MUS folder.

You're sure it's a .wav file and not an .mp3 file? Because that part is really important.

If it isn't a .wav file you can download Audacity (do a Google search), open the file using the program, and just export the file as a .wav directly into the MUS folder.

Yes I am positive it is a .wav file, in fact I used Audacity for it.

Yes I am positive it is a .wav file, in fact I used Audacity for it.

...Hm, that's odd. What version of Fallout 3 are you runnning (Retail, Steam, etc.)? From what I understand the Steam version has issues when one tries to mod it.

...Hm, that's odd. What version of Fallout 3 are you runnning (Retail, Steam, etc.)? From what I understand the Steam version has issues when one tries to mod it.

I've got retail... Maybe a clean install will help, I'll try it.

The standered level up music works, right? In fact, try using something else in place of the victory fanfare, it may just be the file you have.