Sound Replacement - Level Up

ShainAsuka

...Hm, that's odd. What version of Fallout 3 are you runnning (Retail, Steam, etc.)? From what I understand the Steam version has issues when one tries to mod it.

I've got retail... Maybe a clean install will help, I'll try it.

The standered level up music works, right? In fact, try using something else in place of the victory fanfare, it may just be the file you have.

I tried changing it, but still nothing. I'm going to reinstall it and see if that helps.

...Hm, that's odd. What version of Fallout 3 are you runnning (Retail, Steam, etc.)? From what I understand the Steam version has issues when one tries to mod it.

I've got retail... Maybe a clean install will help, I'll try it.

The standered level up music works, right? In fact, try using something else in place of the victory fanfare, it may just be the file you have.

I tried changing it, but still nothing. I'm going to reinstall it and see if that helps.

Yeah, that seems like the best course of action at this point. Let me know if that helps... Actually, if that doesn't help, then I'm not sure if I'll even be able to help you, well, good luck with that then.

I don't understand! Why isn't this working!? Agh, I've just about given up hope...

Tell me your process, step-by-step, from the very start, maybe you're just messing up somewhere along the lines and I'll be able to point it out for you.

I don't understand! Why isn't this working!? Agh, I've just about given up hope...

Tell me your process, step-by-step, from the very start, maybe you're just messing up somewhere along the lines and I'll be able to point it out for you.

Ok then, from clean Install.

1. I go to My Computer -> Local Disc (:C) -> Program Files -> Bethesta Softworks -> Fallout 3 -> Data -> sound -> fx -> mus [i'm pretty sure I had to create "sound" and onwards.

2. I place "mus_success.wav" in the folder.

3. I open the Fallout Mod Manager and invalidate my archive.

4. I run Fallout 3 and start a new game, escape vault, and level up. The sound that should play when the stats box pops up is nowhere to be heard.

Ok then, from clean Install.

1. I go to My Computer -> Local Disc (:C) -> Program Files -> Bethesta Softworks -> Fallout 3 -> Data -> sound -> fx -> mus [i'm pretty sure I had to create "sound" and onwards.

2. I place "mus_success.wav" in the folder.

3. I open the Fallout Mod Manager and invalidate my archive.

4. I run Fallout 3 and start a new game, escape vault, and level up. The sound that should play when the stats box pops up is nowhere to be heard.

...There should be no reason for it to not work, you're doing it right, and you're using the right file type... Hm, maybe the music file's volume is just really low? Try amplifying it a bit in audacity. And before you ask, yes, I am just grasping a straws here, but I can't see anything wrong with what you're doing, so I kind of have no choice... Hm, or, alternatively, try changing the .wav file so it's mono instead of stereo... Again, just grasping at straws here, otherwise I'm all out of ideas.

...Actually, try removing the ".wav" from the file's name, the game is probably misreading the file because of that.

make sure its an 8bit stereo NOT a 16bit stereo .wav file. You can always just open up the geck and have the level up sound point to the new file as well.

make sure its an 8bit stereo NOT a 16bit stereo .wav file. You can always just open up the geck and have the level up sound point to the new file as well.

You know... I bet that's the problem. Leme go check.

[Edit]

Thank you so much! That was the problem! And thanks Red_Mage21 for helping also.