DVD Drive not Working

I tried asking around but didn't get much help.

Alright, I popped in a DVD to play a game but it didn't read. I got curious and went to the Device Manager and it said this:

Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)

Click Troubleshoot to start the troubleshooter for this device.

My computer is a Windows XP, the DVD Drive is LightScribe, it's a intel Pentium Dual Core, and an HP Pavillion. HELP

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the device but it didn't work. It also didn't work when I tried to "rollback" or update it. I have Power ISO and the Windows CD. Please give me a step by step walkthrough on how to fix this.

Is System restore the same thing? Because I tried it with system restore and it just went back to bad drive when I shut down my computer.

No - you reach the selection via F8 during the boot up sequence

By replacing the drive, do you mean a new computer hard drive?

bben46 refers to the possibility that the interchangeable DVD drive is dead because of a hardware bug.

You are saying your DVD is not reading the game. And your system information is reporting that the registry information is not correct.

First, try reading something else - preferably a similar game if you have one, but even music or a movie will do for testing.

If that fails also

First, go to the website of the DVD drive - (Lightscribe) download and install the latest driver for your particular model. Then try it again. If it still gives an error, the problem may be the lightscribe DVD player itself. These are relatively inexpensive units and are easy to change in a tabletop computer. If in a laptop, they are often removable, but much more expensive to replace.