Installing OBSE

Kaliprax

Hi, I am a bit of a newbie to this field, my only experience being installing a few mods. I want to Install OBSE mainly for the 'Companion share and recruit' mod.

I have the conventional Dvd-rom copy of Oblivion, and I'm using 32-bit Windows Vista - If that makes any difference. Please explain in relative baby talk how I can download OBSE. Any help will be very much appreciated - Thanks!!

I was SO paranoid about installing OBSE before I actually read up on it. Really all you have to do is copy three files into your Oblivion directory folder. The page link below should answer all your questions and get you on your way with it. It really does open up a whole new world of mods for you. I couldn't live without it now! It's always best I think, to download the latest stable version.

Just remember, you'll need to redirect your desktop icon to the new obse command to start the game. If you start from the game disk's original icon without changing it, OBSE enabled mods won't work.

To do that you'll right click on your current Oblivion desktop icon, go all the way down the menu list to Properties and then change the Target to:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion\obse_loader.exe"

Assuming you've got Oblivion installed in the default folder, your Start should have:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion"

in that line. My machine is a Vista 64 bit, which is why it shows the (x86). If you don't have this kind of system (e.g. 32 bit), I'm not sure what it will say. I'm assuming it will be the same, only without the (x86). Others will probably pop in to give you even better instructions than these, so just be patient. :smile:

Here's the instruction page you need: http://cs.elderscrolls.com/constwiki/index.php/Category:Oblivion_Script_Extender

Good luck! :thumbsup: