Changing My Character's Voice?

alicks

I did not like how Ren chose the female Redguard voice for the female elves, so I was forced to change many of the sounds. What I believe she (or he) did was just simply make the mystic elves leech off of the Redguard female voices. I didn't want to completely change the redguard hit and powerattack voices, so I simply took out the bad ones (the powerattacks where she yells "yeah" and the hit sounds where she is making manly grunts) and copied the better ones and renamed them and put them back in the place of the bad ones. If you haven't already unpacked all your .bsa files, do so now so you can have full directories for the voices of the Redguards

example:

generichit123.mp3 (nasty man sound)

generichit456.mp3 (modest female yelp)

select and delete "generichit123"(you might want to save the title of the mp3 for future reference)

copy "generichit456.mp3" and paste it in the same folder

rename "Copy of generichit456.mp3" to "generichit123.mp3"

Sure it tones down the variety, but I'd rather hear 4 or 5 good sounds than 4 or 5 good sounds and 6 nasty man noises coming out of a female.

This will apply to all female redguards as well as all female mystic elves. I realize this isn't EXACTLY what you wished for, but this is a quick fix for the voices of the mystic elves.

I hope this helped :D

I did not like how Ren chose the female Redguard voice for the female elves, so I was forced to change many of the sounds. What I believe she (or he) did was just simply make the mystic elves leech off of the Redguard female voices. I didn't want to completely change the redguard hit and powerattack voices, so I simply took out the bad ones (the powerattacks where she yells "yeah" and the hit sounds where she is making manly grunts) and copied the better ones and renamed them and put them back in the place of the bad ones. If you haven't already unpacked all your .bsa files, do so now so you can have full directories for the voices of the Redguards

example:

generichit123.mp3 (nasty man sound)

generichit456.mp3 (modest female yelp)

select and delete "generichit123"(you might want to save the title of the mp3 for future reference)

copy "generichit456.mp3" and paste it in the same folder

rename "Copy of generichit456.mp3" to "generichit123.mp3"

Sure it tones down the variety, but I'd rather hear 4 or 5 good sounds than 4 or 5 good sounds and 6 nasty man noises coming out of a female.

This will apply to all female redguards as well as all female mystic elves. I realize this isn't EXACTLY what you wished for, but this is a quick fix for the voices of the mystic elves.

I hope this helped :D

That's very helpful; I'm glad I'm not the only one who hates those sounds! I didn't unpack them... I'll look for something I can download for that. ^^ Thanks.

Edit: Okay, unpacked the files, replaced the undesirable ones... Now, do I have to re-pack it for it to work? Should I delete the old BSA file?

• 5 years later...

Try this? Hope this helps.

1. Open up TESCS

2. Press LOAD and check Oblivion.esm AND the RACE you want to change

3. Set the RACE you want to change as the ACTIVE FILE and press OK

4. Click the CHARACTER tab and click RACE

5. On the LEFT side, select the RACE you want to change

6. On the RIGHT side, select the VOICE you want

7. Press OK, click the FILE tab and press SAVE

Edited by lawliet123