Another "How will it run" topic

jdudley

Okay i'm assuming this goes here, so move it if it doesnt belong.

I know this has been asked a million times, but i'd greatly appreciate the input. Will this run with an okay integrated graphics card? I can run morrowind pretty well on full settings, besides some draw distance. I even run some graphic enhancing mods like better bodies. I'm only asking this because i want to run this on my laptop so i can take it with me. I dont want to buy it if i can only use it on my home computer. My laptop also has a duel processor and 4 Gb of ram. My chip is a Mobile Intel® 4 Series Express Chipset Family (Yougamers says its a Intel GMA X4500MHD? I'm not sure if thats right, because my laptop diagnostics just says its a intel 4 series express. Everything else is correct that yougamers says though. How can i check that?). And if this helps anyone, i can run mount and blade warband with only slight frame drops in maxed battle size. Everything else runs at about 40 fps.

Let me know if you need to know anything else about my system. I greatly appreciate if you can help me.

Update:And another thing, I can run morrowind in city's at around 30 fps WITH the morrowind visual pack and at 1280x1040. I think thats the resolution

I found this after a quick search:

Intel GMA 4500MHD is actually a good GPU for some light games. It's only can't run heavy games like Crysis, Assassin Creed, or similar.

If you compare this GPU to nVidia GeForce FX 5200, the GMA 4500MHD is obviously better, since most review mentioned that this is slightly less better than nVidia GeForce 8400M GS while slightly better than nVidia GeForce 8400M G.

And...

oblivion is even playable at decent settings if you grab a few mods made for low resource computers and many of those modders are currently working on fallout 3 so there is always hope.

Looks like it might work. My brother used to play this on the 5200. Make sure you have the latest drivers for absolutely everything, Graphics chipset, motherboard chipset, sound drivers etc.

Thank you Valkarie, +kudos. Do you happen do know how i can check if thats what i actually have? like i said in the original post, im kinda confused about it :/ Oh if this helps anyone at all, i can sorta play bioshock on lowish settings. I had the demo at about 15-18 most of the time.

okay i saw elsewhere to turn your virtual memory to 1.5 or 2.0 gb in the system menu. Right now mine is at 4024 mb, so about 4.0 gb. i'm not sure if bringing it down helps? im sorry i'm just not really sure what that does?