Better Sneak Animation

okappa

There are a ton of mods out there for more sneaking realism, both the good aspects (in real life, you could 1HKO almost ANYTHING if you snuck up to it) and the bad (because it shouldn't be a simple matter to sneak with your heavy armor clanking around.) What I've noticed, however, is that almost none of these address my only serious gripe about stealth -- it looks really damn stupid. Every time I go into third person while sneaking, my character looks constipated. It's annoying. At early levels it's okay because it doesn't look to bad while walking, but when sneaking becomes easier and you can always run with it, it looks horrible IMO.

There is, as far as I can tell, just TWO mods out there for this. In one, there are weird clipping issues. In the other, the animation itself doesn't look terrible, but it's on tiptoes. This is unrealistic and cartoony -- not only am I bothered because I know walking on your toes is actually a terrible idea for stealth, especially on unsteady ground, but it also just looks like a scene out of Looney Tunes or something.

Would anybody be interested in making a new sneaking animation, or at least pointing me to a good one? The details are all up to you - do whatever you like. Personally I liked the animations in MGS4 and the Tenchu series for crouched sneaking, but it's up to you what you use for the final product. Just please, somebody make this mod! My character just looks uncomfortable. :P

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel with you !

Im trying years now to find such mod but we wont be lucky unless someone will do it becouse there isnt any mod like that out there wich is wery sad as i love to play sneaking characters (actually those are the only ones i play). I even started to do sketches how could the new sneak replacers be but i gave up since i allredy saw someone here asking for that without luck.

A mod wich replaces sneak idle and attack animations, would be a dream come true, but we probably wont have that luck :wallbash:

Nonsense, Pavy. Poke into my business in this thing all you'd like.

Right, so following this tutorial:

http://cs.elderscrolls.com/constwiki/index.php/Blender/Creating_a_Character_Animation

I've made the animation in Blender:

But after importing it into the game, it doesn't work. The character uses the normal idle rather than this one. What could be some possible causes?