Bioshock: Infinite

Retribution

I respect your opinion Keanu, but disagree.

I felt that it had numb controls, poor gunplay, a world that rapidly lost it's novelty, and a tedious singleplayer with no multiplayer. Furthermore the bosses and fights were simply aweful, and the whole thing reminded me, gameplay wise, just a bit too much of Rogue Warrior's gunplay. Constant shooting of mutants, endless endless treking through the same tunnels, and mindless agonising hacking.

Certainly Im a hard man to please, being seemingly the only person alive to have criticised public darlings Mass Effect and Fallout3 but this really didnt impress me.

It's not for everyone I suppose. :happy:

• 3 weeks later...

I don't think there are Big Daddies in this game. In an interview the project lead (or someone else on the dev team) said it was really quite different, but keeping to the feel of the other games.

Still looks pretty good though.

I believe there are...in my G4 app, the name of the Big Daddy in the trailer was exposed.

I thought Bioshock 1 was an "OK" game. Contrary to a lot of other people, I really liked the second one. It removed that terrible Pipe Dream minigame and I didn't have to limit myself so much on the amount of ammo I had. Similar to Fallout 3 I would say it is hard to get started in Bio1 without knowing what you're doing. If you spend money on too many of the wrong things, you've kind of dug your own grave.

I also really liked the story and whole philosophy in the universe as well.

Bioshock Infinite is definitely a complete 180 of the Bioshock we already knew and looks cool, but I want to see gameplay.

I believe there are...in my G4 app, the name of the Big Daddy in the trailer was exposed.

I thought Bioshock 1 was an "OK" game. Contrary to a lot of other people, I really liked the second one. It removed that terrible Pipe Dream minigame and I didn't have to limit myself so much on the amount of ammo I had. Similar to Fallout 3 I would say it is hard to get started in Bio1 without knowing what you're doing. If you spend money on too many of the wrong things, you've kind of dug your own grave.

I also really liked the story and whole philosophy in the universe as well.

Bioshock Infinite is definitely a complete 180 of the Bioshock we already knew and looks cool, but I want to see gameplay.

i've played both Bioshock 1 & 2,as for me i find the second one is not as hard and thriling like the first one.

well maybe its because in second we already fammiliar with the controller.

i gave 9 out of 10 for the first one and 7 : 10 for the second.

Oh. I thought the environments were also better in the first one. There were also more thriller moments in that too, like you said. Does anyone remember the dentist office? I actually turned around and walked straight past the splicer before going "hey, was that an enemy? Holy crap!"

I really think that Bio1 is better in every way except for the gameplay and graphics of the second one, actually. Didn't think I would enjoy the 2nd one's gameplay, but I did. The music was also quite good as well. The only real memorable piece from the second one is the good ending..."Eleanor's Dream" or sometihng like that.

Bioshock 2's multiplayer is actually pretty good. At least 2K patched the freezing problems that kept happening when the game first came out. But if those problems did not exist...I might be still playing multiplayer. Today though, there are a lot of players who do the stupid Electro Bolt / Winter Blast to Elephant-Gun-in-the-face combo.

[EDIT] I abused the crossbow glitch in the first Bioshock. After I discovered it, there was no stopping me. :P

Oh. I thought the environments were also better in the first one. There were also more thriller moments in that too, like you said. Does anyone remember the dentist office? I actually turned around and walked straight past the splicer before going "hey, was that an enemy? Holy crap!"

I really think that Bio1 is better in every way except for the gameplay and graphics of the second one, actually. Didn't think I would enjoy the 2nd one's gameplay, but I did. The music was also quite good as well. The only real memorable piece from the second one is the good ending..."Eleanor's Dream" or sometihng like that.

Bioshock 2's multiplayer is actually pretty good. At least 2K patched the freezing problems that kept happening when the game first came out. But if those problems did not exist...I might be still playing multiplayer. Today though, there are a lot of players who do the stupid Electro Bolt / Winter Blast to Elephant-Gun-in-the-face combo.

[EDIT] I abused the crossbow glitch in the first Bioshock. After I discovered it, there was no stopping me. :P

I agree, Bioshock was much better than its sequel. God, I will never love another underwater FPS game. :sweat:

I absolutely adore the Bioshock series. It's one of my all time favourite games, I loved it. It took me a while to get into the first one and a while to get through it because I'm a bit of a scaredy cat, hehe. Plus, I usually take my time with games to complete anyway, so I actually completed it a lot quicker than I usually do with games. The storyline is amazing, it just blew me away. The twist at the end - I just did not see that coming at all. I thought the combat was fine, I don't normally enjoy FPS too much, but I didn't have a problem with it at all in Bioshock.

A lot of people seem to dislike the 2nd one, but I loved it. I completed it much quicker than the first one. I found it easier to play because it wasn't as scary/creepy as the first one, which could be a downside for a lot of people I guess, but it was good for me. Playing as a Big Daddy also took away a lot of the fear, as well, I mean, what can scare a Big Daddy? But I did love playing the Big Daddy and getting to be the character of him. I also loved the ending of Bioshock 2, though it could never come close to the Bioshock ending, it was still amazing, in my eyes.

Now, Bioshock Infinite... A lot of people disagree here, but to me, Bioshock just isn't Bioshock if it doesn't take place in Rapture. It looks like an ok game and all, but I'm just a bit like 'meh' in the fact that I won't get to see Rapture again, that amazing underwater city. Then again, too many games of the same thing can ruin it - and I would never want Rapture to be ruined.

• 2 weeks later...