ESP files?

Prenihility

I've never installed an Oblivion mod before. What do i do with the ESP file? I copied and pasted the unzipped data into the main oblivion folder just as the instructions said. Then it says to activate the ESP file...How do i do that?

EDIT: Ok, i activated the ESP file from the Data Files section in the launcher....The mod...Errrm....How do i use it? I mean.....??? Im lost...

The best way to activate them is to download the Oblivion Mod Manager (OBMM) which can be found here

When you start that program up, you will see a list of all the .esp and .esm files in your data directory. Just check the box next to the one you want to activate.

And welcome to the world of modding! If you have any further questions, or just want a list of good mods, please PM me here on the forums and I will help. I was a mod noob not too long ago myself so I know it can be intimidating!

EDIT: Since I saw your edit. What mod is it?

The best way to activate them is to download the Oblivion Mod Manager (OBMM) which can be found here

When you start that program up, you will see a list of all the .esp and .esm files in your data directory. Just check the box next to the one you want to activate.

And welcome to the world of modding! If you have any further questions, or just want a list of good mods, please PM me here on the forums and I will help. I was a mod noob not too long ago myself so I know it can be intimidating!

EDIT: Since I saw your edit. What mod is it?

Got the DRMA Extended Mod (dont judge me) I didnt notice anything different...I made a new toon, and i didnt see any differences at all to the character model. However, there's a slight problem, I noticed some NPCs are invisible, everything except for their legs, Face, and Arms. the centre of mass is completely missing.

But yeah, back to the mod, why am i not noticing any different character models...Im not even sure how this mod works lol...

Yeah, the new textures arent loading, people are invisible. As for the archive invalidation, dont know how to do it, installed the auto archive invalidation thingy. Didnt do anything. Idk what i did wrong.

EDIT: Allright....OMFG....The Data folder of the mod and main data folder in the darn game files are both the same name....So, whenever i try to put the data into the main Oblivion folder, it doesnt work...Ahhhh...I dont understand this, i thougt every mod had a damn installer, thats what i expected. But yeah, regardless, i need help, my textures are making people invisible...:D....

Yeah, the new textures arent loading, people are invisible. As for the archive invalidation, dont know how to do it, installed the auto archive invalidation thingy. Didnt do anything. Idk what i did wrong.

EDIT: Allright....OMFG....The Data folder of the mod and main data folder in the darn game files are both the same name....So, whenever i try to put the data into the main Oblivion folder, it doesnt work...Ahhhh...I dont understand this, i thougt every mod had a damn installer, thats what i expected. But yeah, regardless, i need help, my textures are making people invisible...:D....

Nope, not all have installers, unfortunately. What you wanna do is just merge your two Data folders. Anytime it asks if you wanna merge folders, you wanna say yes. Well, almost any time. In the Oblivion Data folder, there will be folders labeled "meshes," "textures," and similar things. You're gonna wanna put the matching folders from your mods in there. Say "yes" to merge the folders, like I just said. Your .esp file will just be in "Data," no folders past that. I'm not sure about the invisible people, though.

Yes, what Raithfyre said. Most of the smaller mods come zipped up, and when you unzip them you will find that they are stuck in a "Data" folder, and inside that "Data" folder are the ESP file, and (depending on the mod) there may also be Meshes, Textures, Sounds, etc. What you want to do is, you want to copy that "Data" folder, and everything in it, directly into your Oblivion game folder. If you are asked whether to merge two Data folders together, you're putting it in the right place!

So, being asked whether to merge folders is a good thing, and you should always say Yes. However, being asked whether to overwrite individual files can be a BAD thing. If you are upgrading from one version of a mod to the next version of that same mod, then overwriting files is fine - it should happen. But, if you're installing a mod for the first time and it's asking whether you want to overwrite files, that likely means the mod you are installing will conflict with another mod you've already installed.

Nope, not all have installers, unfortunately. What you wanna do is just merge your two Data folders. Anytime it asks if you wanna merge folders, you wanna say yes. Well, almost any time. In the Oblivion Data folder, there will be folders labeled "meshes," "textures," and similar things. You're gonna wanna put the matching folders from your mods in there. Say "yes" to merge the folders, like I just said. Your .esp file will just be in "Data," no folders past that. I'm not sure about the invisible people, though.

THANK YOU, its working now....Allright...now, im a bit disappointed that this applies for all NPCs...I just wanted it to work on my toon. My most concerning question is: How do people do things like this? :

I would really like it if some of these mods could only apply for my character. I wanna create some more detailed faces of my own...And clothing/armor, whatever you wanna call it, this looks so fun!

Also, the thing that compells me most to start modding is this one guy one youtube (who unfortunately closed his account ,and i cant show you guys the video) who had the eyes of his character look really glossy/amazing, i mean, the face, wow...excellent job. I wish i could modify the body aswell...Ever since i played APB, i automatically thought of Oblivion. ...So, basically guys, which other visual mods/character mods can you recommend, and, how can i get started, i wanna get into this, this is just awesome! I SO wanna make my own armour. Also, say i wanted to add this: http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=33644 to the current mod i have, which is a prerequisite for the one i just linked. How would i do it then...?

This is already confusing...LOL....Look at all the prerequisites, oh my...