Adaia. yikes.

Lehcar

So we finally get to see the City Elf PC's mom in this DLC... and wow, I hate to say this, but they made her ridiculously ugly. And I think it's weird how they also made her black, since we never see a single other non-white elf in the entire series aside from Zevran from what I remember, especially seeing as the rest of the City Elf's family is totally white...

Also, out curiosity, why does BioWare like to slap white or really light coloured makeup on characters with dark skin? They obviously don't know anything when it comes to cosmetics... :wacko:

So we finally get to see the City Elf PC's mom in this DLC... and wow, I hate to say this, but they made her ridiculously ugly. And I think it's weird how they also made her black, since we never see a single other non-white elf in the entire series aside from Zevran from white I remember, especially seeing as the rest of the City Elf's family is totally white...

Also, out curiosity, why does BioWare like to slap white or really light coloured makeup on characters with dark skin? They obviously don't know anything when it comes to cosmetics... :wacko:

She did not appear dark to me when I saw her. Well, at least now I have an excuse to play that DLC again, just to make sure.

I think it must be an easter egg or something rather than CE's mum.

I'm with Lehcar, that is the City Elf's mom. Adaia appears nowhere else in the game in any of the obscurely ancient welsh, scottish, pictish names. Of course now that I think of it, none of the names are duplicated so it must be her :ermm:

I think they intended for us to assume it is her. Over 300 unused names to pic from and they choose to use that particular name instead of any other may give the appearance of ambiguity but at the same time it knocks hard on your forehead and says HELLO! :wink:

So we finally get to see the City Elf PC's mom in this DLC... and wow, I hate to say this, but they made her ridiculously ugly. And I think it's weird how they also made her black, since we never see a single other non-white elf in the entire series aside from Zevran from what I remember, especially seeing as the rest of the City Elf's family is totally white...

Adaia? You mean the female elf you rescue in Leliana's Song? Lehar, I got the impression that the CE's mother had been dead since they were a child.. And Leliana's Song only takes place two years (or so) earlier than the start of DA:O. I honestly don't think there is enough time involved.

If the CE's mother died while they were a child, how did she train them to be a warrior/rogue? Duncan says, "I understand she passed her training on to you." Warden can reply, "Yes until she died" or feign ignorance. Training of that caliber is not achievable as a child and it is that training Duncan is seeking.

As for LS timeline, I seem to recall reading somewhere that it was five years prior to origins but she was at the chantry in Lothering for three.

So given the above, and the fact the CE is 19 years old or younger that would place Adaia's death somewhere between the ages of 14-16 and that age the level of training Duncan seeks would be possible to have been completed.