Mod auto-packing?

Banana125

I'm working on a dungeon mod that uses items from many other mods, and thus have had to import them via the CS; however, I always fear that I missed something. Is there a way/tool I can use to automatically detect the .nif/.dds files used that aren't from the Oblivion.bsa file, and ideally package them in the respective folder structure (i.e. just A.nif instead of A.nif, B.nif, and C.nif from textures/clothing/letters, but make a copy of the textures/clothing/letters file with just A.nif, if that makes sense)?

Something that can tell me what I've used would be ideal, packing it up for me in a ready-to-archive-for-uploading way even better but not necessary. Does such a wonderful tool exist, or will I just have to keep track of it all by hand?

I'm not sure if I understand what you mean. But, if I do... What I do when I want to use an item from another mod is activate its file, but don't set as active. Then, find the item you wanna use, and change the EditorID and then create a new form. Then, just deactivate the mod in your Data list, and you'll still have access to your copy.

Hm...not what I was asking, but that is a helpful tip.

I guess I should clarify, since re-reading that it is rather...murky.

I'm working on a dungeon mod where the boss characters have armor equipped from several different mods other than my own. When I'm finished, if I get permission from the one or two people I haven't had a reply from yet, I intend to upload my dungeon. Only problem is that the few things I've used are from rather large mods (some weapons and a few armor pieces from Apachii Goddess Store, Apachii Heroes Store, and a few other bits and pieces) so I don't want to have to tell people "download a few hundred megs to play this dungeon." I'd rather be able to do what most mods do- have the archive uploaded that contains the .esp and the meshes and textures folders that contain all the necessary meshes/textures for the mod to function properly. With the things I've been importing, I've been trying to keep track and manually make a copy of the necessary files and folder structures (i.e. the whole meshes\armor\apachii\etc bit, with the .nif file(s) in whatever folders they were initially in). Since I have to do this with both textures, icons, and meshes, it's getting to be a bit of a headache.

I'm wondering if there's any program out there or trick in the CS where I can either A) see a full list of files and their locations (meshes/textures being the only relevant ones for me) used in the mod that aren't from vanilla Oblivion, and/or B) have the files copied to a separate location, within their proper folder hierarchies, so I can archive it and upload.

E.G., move, say, the BastBlackLeather.nif file from C:\\Program Files (x86)\bethesda Softworks\Oblivion\Data\meshes\armor\apachii\suits\BastBlackLeather.nif to maybe Desktop\My Dungeon, and in the My dungeon folder create the whole meshes\etc folder hierarchy, and do so for each file. So I guess in other words, basically I'm looking for something that can help me either identify or can copy to a separate location for me the files (meshes/textures) needed to run the mod.

Hopefully that makes a bit more sense. I'm kind of tired from the past week so I might not be articulating as clearly as I could.

Ah, yes, that does make more sense. Unfortunately, I dunno of anything that does that. Hopefully, 'cause it would be useful to me as well. Best I can think of is.... Copy your data folder, and then go through and delete anything you don't need, and leave the originals in there place. Kinda like cheating the system, maybe? Still a lot of work, but I guess less than manually locating each and every file.

With the size of my data folder (I'm running about 130 mods right now and have files I forgot to delete from older ones I uninstalled the .esp for) it would be easier to pull each file out individually :P

Well maybe someone else knows a program or trick or something.

WAIT I JUST REMEMBERED SOMETHING kinda similar- open the CS, file->data, find the mod, click "details". Gives you a full list of everything in the mod that's been used, including items. Unfortunately, it's just editor names, and if like me you use a prefix for all created items (I'm using 000 for this dungeon), you can just look in the CS itself under "model" and "icon" and so on. But man that's still gonna take a while. ah well, better than nothing and I don't have too terribly many things I've imported- and I'm pretty sure I've nothing more to import at the moment- but I've gotta do meshes, textures, and icon files. Ugh. Ah well, I'll get started tomorrow.