Morrwind, OBMM and OBSE

Themisive

Dear Sir

I have Morrowind and the two seques - Bloodmoon and Tribunal as well as the necessary patches. However I am curious to know if it will run on my machine, . The O/S is Windows 7 x64, 2Gb RAM DDR2, the graphics card is nVidia GeForce 9600 GT with 256Mb DDR2 RAM, Soundcard is Soundblaster Audigy2ZS, CPU is an AMD Athold 2.2GHz (440+) dual core. As for disk space there is ample room, well over 200Gb space.

Will I be able to use the present OBMM version and the present OBSE version, or would I have to use a different version of each?

Morrowind: System Requirements

A list of the minimum and recommended system requirements for Morrowind (PC).

Minimum system requirements:

Windows ME/98 128 MB RAM; Windows XP/2000 256 MB RAM; 500 MHz Intel Pentium III, Celeron, or AMD Athlon processor; 8x CD/DVD-ROM Drive; 1 GB free hard disk space; Windows swapfile; DirectX 8.1 (included); 32MB Direct3D Compatible video card and DirectX 8.1 compatible driver; DirectX 8.1 compatible sound card; Keyboard; Mouse

Recommended:

800 MHz or faster Intel Pentium III or AMD Athlon processor; 256 MB RAM; NVIDIA GeForce2 GTS, or ATI Radeon 7500 or faster video card.

Supported video card chipsets*:

NVIDIA GeForce4; NVIDIA GeForce3; NVIDIA GeForce2; NVIDIA GeForce 256; NVIDIA TNT2; ATI Radeon 8500; ATI Radeon 7500; ATI Radeon 7200; ATI Radeon; ATI Rage 128; Matrox G550; Matrox G450; Matrox G400

So yeah, your PC can handle Morrowind easily. It's an 8 year old game after all.

OBMM and OBSE are Oblivion utilities, not Morrowind utilities. For Morrowind there's Wrye Mash and MWSE. MWSE is also integrated into MGE

Thanks to all who replied to this query, I have loaded Morrowind, and started to set up the key configurations. I wintend to play ALL of Morrowind, then Tribunal and then Bloodmoon (at least the disks are in that order).

As you will know the events of Morrowind, Tribunal and Bloodmoon are set many years BEFORE Oblivion, so it will form a good background to the next time I play Oblivion.

• 4 weeks later...
Believi it or not, I managed to get the Morrowind GOTY; it helps considerably, There is no patching involved as the latest - Bloodmoon is already patched to the max. I know about the Morrowind patch project, but it just does not work so I contacted the author about it. Otherwise the the game runs fine.