Shivering Isles : doesn't exist?

Dragunover

I've enabled the mod, and here's my load order. I'm using BOSS for sorting

http://i38.tinypic.com/2yl7hmt.jpg

http://i34.tinypic.com/t8wzdk.jpg

I've tried all the quest activation codes and it states that the reference doesn't refer to a questline.

OT

Another problem that I've always had is that no matter what Oblivion always has the top left show up with the windows mouse

The door does not appear instantly. It takes about 3 game days then you should start to hear it in rumors, or just go out into the middle of Nibben bay and see if there is a small new island there with the gate.

The door does not appear instantly. It takes about 3 game days then you should start to hear it in rumors, or just go out into the middle of Nibben bay and see if there is a small new island there with the gate.

The problem with that is that I've rather *ignored* shivering isles for quite a while. Last I checked I've gone through 60-70 days. One of the first things that was setup was shivering isles.

Edit : I tried removing, saving, reactivating, and waiting a good 3 weeks between people and places, nothing.

SI is not really a mod and not a DLC. It is a game upgrade and actually makes changes to the Oblivion.exe and Oblivion.esm. So if you have reinstalled Oblivion, or done any non SI patches that can remove it. The SI that appears in the mod list is a dummy entry just to let the upgraded game know to use it.

SI is not really a mod and not a DLC. It is a game upgrade and actually makes changes to the Oblivion.exe and Oblivion.esm. So if you have reinstalled Oblivion, or done any non SI patches that can remove it. The SI that appears in the mod list is a dummy entry just to let the upgraded game know to use it.

The last thing I did was install shivering isles' patch - I actually tried using the unofficial shivering isles patch and it actually crashes the game.

That uninstall/reinstall usually works. The few times it hasn't have been caused by the user not following the instructions on cleaning the registry. The computer must be shut down both before doing the registry cleaning and again right after. This is because the cleaner works on what are called 'orphans' in the registry, they are entries that point to programs that no longer exist. The oblivion programs should be completely gone and the registry entries will be flagged as orphans when you reboot the first time. Then after cleaning, the second reboot is to allow Windows to clean up the gaps left in the registry from the removed entries.

You should not have the Oblivion folders at all. They should have been removed prior to cleaning the registry. if you are going to keep the save games, copy (do not move) the saves folder to a new location outside of the Oblivion folder first. Do the same with the data folder if you want to keep any mods - I don't recommend copying any of it back in your case. Just prior to registry cleaning you should have deleted any remaining folders relating to Oblivion. Including the one in the my documents\my games\oblivion folder.

Then before reinstalling, it should be as if Oblivion was never on that computer at all.

If you do have the data folder saved, it will be a good reference for reinstalling those mods you want in your new game - but wait until the vanilla game works before installing any mods or even patches.

If you are using an older version of Oblivion, do not use the Oblivion only patch at all. Start the game with no mods. make a save. Then Install the SI part, Start the game and make a save - then apply the SI v1.2.0146 patch only. That will bring you up to the last version of the game - The KOTN and other DLCs are just mods and can be added at any time. after things are working right.

There are pirate versions out there that come with the oblivion only patch already applied. Or with a beta SI patch. There is no way to make them work properly with the SI v1.2.0146 patch. And we will not support them or any other pirated game. Another reason to buy the game.