Arl Eamon plot bug discovered?

Lehcar

Ummm WHAT the hell is this.

So I complete the Urn of Sacred Ashes quest, right? Ok. Then I go back to Redcliffe Castle to heal the indisposed Arl.

Then cue the cutscene where Eamon talks to you about his plans for the landsmeet... and then suddenly Alistair is standing right there beside me and taking part in the conversation, even though I didn't bring him with me. As in he was NOT in my party when I spoke to Teagan, and I already have 3 other companions with me! Where the HELL did he come from?! Then after the conversation he just continues to stand there and won't follow me with my other companions. Umm what the heck is this? Has anyone else experienced this bug?

Begone Alistair. I didn't want you with me and I meant it. :verymad:

Ummm WHAT the hell is this.

So I complete the Urn of Sacred Ashes quest, right? Ok. Then I go back to Redcliffe Castle to heal the indisposed Arl.

Then cue the cutscene where Eamon talks to you about his plans for the landsmeet... and then suddenly Alistair is standing right there beside me and taking part in the conversation, even though I didn't bring him with me. As in he was NOT in my party when I spoke to Teagan, and I already have 3 other companions with me! Where the HELL did he come from?! Then after the conversation he just continues to stand there and won't follow me with my other companions. Umm what the heck is this? Has anyone else experienced this bug?

Begone Alistair. I didn't want you with me and I meant it. :verymad:

[Whoops, never mind. Mis-read your post and thought you were talking about the Landsmeet discussions in the Estate in Denerim. Edited out wrong response.]

Guess you some how triggered something like when Oghren "appears" next to you at the mines when you're about to enter the Deep Roads for the first time, or late in the game in a Back Alley of Denerim when Zev is suddenly responding to a certain other character you're confronting.

They participate in the conversation, but haven't "been added to the party", so they don't follow you,

Is it a big deal?. You're not "stuck" with him, are you?

It's not really a bug since he needs to be present since you talk about putting him forward as king. It's similar to the part where I never have Zevran in my party when Talison and the other crows stop you in the back alley in Denerim. Zevran appears and takes part in the following conversation. Similar thing with Alistair except that since you do not immediately go into a fight, the game does not make you change your party afterwards like it will with Zevran.

@Dan; Yeah, that was exactly what I was thinking. But as noted, I was remembering the later Landsmeet discussions. Do we talk about the possiblity of Big Al becoming King while we're still in Redcliffe?

(I usually do the SA Quest right after saving/killing Conner, but have decided to do it last this time around, so it's been quite a while since I've "seen that scene"...)

Yes, and it's there that you can tell Eamon that you want to go with his plan or something different, but I have never seen what the different thing is. (He always talks me in a circle back to what he wants) It's here that he states that both he and Teagan have claims to the throne by marriage, but Alistair is the only one by blood. When you get to Denerim is whan things change and Anora comes into the picture.

... but I have never seen what the different thing is...

:woot: Neither have I. I'll have to give that a try this time around and let you know what happens.

"No talking me into your political confab this time Eamon. We're gonna' saddle-up and take this fight straight down his throat!"

-or-

"No talking me into your political confab this time Eamon. We're gonna' sic this here Crow he hired to take me out right back on 'em!"

(Why do I think neither of these will end up being an option? :tongue: )

Yeah, I think we all know that the Landsmeet is the only plot-path available in-game. :( ;) :P

But now I'm curious to learn just how much effort BioWare put into trying to convince, or at least acknowledge through the dialogue that there might be, "...someone with other ideas." ;D

• 1 month later...