Exp / Kill Notification after level 30?

veekay

I'm sorry if this has been done and/or mentioned, but I haven't been able to find anything to bring back the messages that come up when you kill someone after level 30. I know it is a minor thing, but it is really helpful to know if you actually killed an enemy or if it is just off the screen.

I have tried the mods to increase the level cap, but have yet to get them to full work on the Xbox (needing all .esp files).

Any help or points in the right direction would be appreciated. Thanks!

I'm sorry if this has been done and/or mentioned, but I haven't been able to find anything to bring back the messages that come up when you kill someone after level 30. I know it is a minor thing, but it is really helpful to know if you actually killed an enemy or if it is just off the screen.

Yeah I know what you mean. Having grown accustumed to the sound of xp when someone dies makes you wary if they really died after hitting level 30. Theres no mod to my knowledge that informs you if you killed someone, I guess you'll just have to adapt and really make sure that they are dead.

on the Xbox (needing all .esp files).

Oh boy, here we go again. If there was a mod here that solved the issue you wouldn't have gotten it to work anyway. Cue Bben46's excellent explanation why.

Since you asked for it, here it is

Bben46's FAQ, Can I use the mods on my 360? Or PS3?

Short answer, No.

Long answer. The file structures between the 360/PS3 and PC are totally different. Even if you could get a mod made for the PC into the 360/PS3 it won't work. To get it to work, you will have to rewrite the operating system of the 360/PS3 first, then rewrite every mod to work on that new operating system. Then, the maker of the 360/PS3 doesn't want you to do that. If you modify anything in it, they will block you the next time you go on their site. (read their terms and conditions) They make their money selling you new games and not by allowing you to use free mods.

Yes, there are sites that will tell you how to modify your 360 or PS3 so it can use mods. However, it is not a simple process and involves voiding your warranty, and the terms of service you agreed to when you first got the thing. - and risks turning your expensive console into a nice looking paperweight. There are currently very few working mods for Oblivion/FO3 available for the hacked consoles. And, the first time your 360 connects to the MS site - your particular box is banned forever. Even if you unhack it. (Check recent xbox news on Microsoft banning nearly a million xboxes with “No recourse” for "hacking them".)

Sony has a similar policy regarding PS3, just not quite as draconian.

You agreed to this when you signed up! Read the fine print -Paraphrased: You have the right to use it only in the way they want you to use it and if you ever try to use it in any other way than the one they give you, they have the right to shut you down. If you need a paperweight, go down to the building supply and buy a brick - it's cheaper.

My advice, start saving now for a good PC - don't get a cheap one.

The mods I use work fine on the 360 and the level cap remover would as well if I played with the files extracted, but wasn't really looking to do that. Mainly I just wasn't sure if someone had already made something that switched back on the notifications or even saying so and so is dead. Thanks for the response though