DA2 Trailer Released

RustyBlade

Agree with the above, nice "movie magic", (anyone know if they're using live actors and skinning them a-la 300, or total CGI?) but no new information.

Still, with Kate Mulgrew doing the voiceover it's a big WIN on my scorecard! :thumbsup:

Guess im odd man out!

I dont like the trailer honestly!

I been watching a ton of trailers recently as DA2 has been one giant disappointment for me so I been looking for new RPG goodness to play (Found The Witcher, amazing game) and let me say, far as whats out there, this trailer really is middle of the road quality and poor on showing game (unless rumors true that DA2 is just a action game with throw away story).

Count me as not impressed, there is far better action sequences out there for other games.

Also, I HATE HATE HATE how Dark Sun, errr I mean Dragon Age 2 is drawn. Just cant get past it, not a step up in any form or way from the old graphics. This new graphic style is just UGLY to me.

I might sound bitter, and I guess I kinda am. Every day I hit the DA2 forums hoping/praying that DA2 will be even a fraction of the game it could be and every day seems im disappointed just a little bit more!

Combine this with the terrible suck up peice written by the always bought and paid off IGN reveiw and I may have lost all hope for this game today (have to see).

Action games are a dime a dozen, im looking for RPGs from Bioware, not more 3rd rate ME2 action games.

So what is Hawke in the trailer? He uses magic, after all.

Obviously he's an Arcane Warrior who has Combat Magic, but hasn't yet reached Level-14, so doesn't have Shimmering Shield, or any of the other more advanced talents! :laugh:

[ Edit: Might possibly be Lvl-12 or 13, and so have Aura of Might, I can't remember if there's a visual indicator of that or not... ]

I don't think it's an AW. I think that's something else

Edit: Lets all have a vote; who wants updated graphics instead of great story and gameplay? I'm certainly in the latter.

http://gamerinvestments.com/video-game-stocks/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/dragon-age-2-concept-art.jpg

This is Flemeth. IGN got a preview of the game and this chick IS FLEMETH. Also, her voice narrates the trailer. Bioware didn't reveal this trailer without information, you just need to go out and look for it. It was pretty obvious it was her in the concept art, but still, its cool to see her in the game again (and not ugly). Ironically, it seems she saves you AGAIN early on in the story. No details on her joining you of course, namely since the mage role seems to be taken by Hawke's sister.

Now all these "Flemeth in her younger years" needs to be redone. No black hair, just white. Aw screw it, I'll make up a character to look like this version of Flemeth right now.

@kayinv; Kate Mulgrew's (and therefore Flemeth's) participation in DA2 has been pretty well known for a while now. (As has been Morrigan's absence, and that of the OGB. :tongue: But that doesn't limit the discussions. Au contraire, it fuels the DA2 Expansion plot-line speculation!)

@BKE; Story. No contest. BioWare - You can keep your (not to my taste) graphic design improvements and silly console enhancements. (I can say that, I don't bother to play DA on my XBox. ;D )