DA2 Trailer Released

RustyBlade

Guess im odd man out!

I dont like the trailer honestly!

I been watching a ton of trailers recently as DA2 has been one giant disappointment for me so I been looking for new RPG goodness to play (Found The Witcher, amazing game) and let me say, far as whats out there, this trailer really is middle of the road quality and poor on showing game (unless rumors true that DA2 is just a action game with throw away story).

Count me as not impressed, there is far better action sequences out there for other games.

Also, I HATE HATE HATE how Dark Sun, errr I mean Dragon Age 2 is drawn. Just cant get past it, not a step up in any form or way from the old graphics. This new graphic style is just UGLY to me.

I might sound bitter, and I guess I kinda am. Every day I hit the DA2 forums hoping/praying that DA2 will be even a fraction of the game it could be and every day seems im disappointed just a little bit more!

Combine this with the terrible suck up peice written by the always bought and paid off IGN reveiw and I may have lost all hope for this game today (have to see).

Action games are a dime a dozen, im looking for RPGs from Bioware, not more 3rd rate ME2 action games.

Dark Sun was an awesome setting, one of the best to be honest...

Guess im odd man out!

I dont like the trailer honestly!

I been watching a ton of trailers recently as DA2 has been one giant disappointment for me so I been looking for new RPG goodness to play (Found The Witcher, amazing game) and let me say, far as whats out there, this trailer really is middle of the road quality and poor on showing game (unless rumors true that DA2 is just a action game with throw away story).

Count me as not impressed, there is far better action sequences out there for other games.

Also, I HATE HATE HATE how Dark Sun, errr I mean Dragon Age 2 is drawn. Just cant get past it, not a step up in any form or way from the old graphics. This new graphic style is just UGLY to me.

I might sound bitter, and I guess I kinda am. Every day I hit the DA2 forums hoping/praying that DA2 will be even a fraction of the game it could be and every day seems im disappointed just a little bit more!

Combine this with the terrible suck up peice written by the always bought and paid off IGN reveiw and I may have lost all hope for this game today (have to see).

Action games are a dime a dozen, im looking for RPGs from Bioware, not more 3rd rate ME2 action games.

Dark Sun was an awesome setting, one of the best to be honest...

As a AD&D setting, yes it was. Loved the whole stone weapons deal and what not.

as a art form

freaking ugly

While I know that teaser trailers do not necessarily convey anything about gameplay, this one was still bad.

I know the game is not origins and that much has changed, but if we use origins terms to describe what happens in the trailer it would seem that an arcane warrior kills a bad guy (who has just finished kicking his ass) using a great new spell.....Tearing Prison!

Think of it like crushing prison....with a side of arrow of slaying.

Perhaps to be more true to gameplay they should have shown him inching into range, casting tearing prison, then running off to the 12 chests scattered about the room.

I like change. I appreciate evolution of ideas. I trust bioware to produce a good game. I just really enjoyed origins and would have liked to have seen a quality sequel, kinda like awakening, but without the horrible suck.

While I know that teaser trailers do not necessarily convey anything about gameplay, this one was still bad.

I know the game is not origins and that much has changed, but if we use origins terms to describe what happens in the trailer it would seem that an arcane warrior kills a bad guy (who has just finished kicking his ass) using a great new spell.....Tearing Prison!

Think of it like crushing prison....with a side of arrow of slaying.

Perhaps to be more true to gameplay they should have shown him inching into range, casting tearing prison, then running off to the 12 chests scattered about the room.

I like change. I appreciate evolution of ideas. I trust bioware to produce a good game. I just really enjoyed origins and would have liked to have seen a quality sequel, kinda like awakening, but without the horrible suck.

1. It's a Blur trailer

2. They've made many improvements to the game

I, for one, am excited to see DA2.

From the flashbacks, we see that we're going to see a lot more of the lore and different factions in the game.

1. Flemeth - We see her in her dragon (could be some normal dragon instead) and in her human form.

2. We also see some templars going up against mages, and it really seems to confirm what we've heard about the templars being the Chantry's private army.

3. We see a Harvester, so the GoA DLC could have been a little of the back story for introducing the new creep to the world (plus possibly tying a link between what our Warden did in the DLC with Hawke's story.

4. We learn a little more about Hawke. Apparently he seems to be an Arcane Warrior, but we can't know for sure. We also see him carving something on his arm before he supersizes it and rips the Qunari apart, now, that is something we haven't seen. New spell, perhaps? Or maybe it could be something unique about Hawke (I wouldn't rule out this being tied to Flemeth)

5. His weapon - or "sword-staff" as the folks at BioWare call it. Seems to be the source of his magic, so he might not be an AW at all. New weapon type? Is BW going to add "abilities" to certain weapons now?

6. The qunari - now we see in the first half a minute or so that the qunari is attack a bunch of human soldiers and kills a noble (judging from his clothing). Could part of DA2 be about the qunari's invasion of the Free Marches? Possibly. We also see the qunari deflect Hawke's flame attack with a barrier spell, similar to Cleanse Aura. New skill/class?

7. Finishing moves - We see one of the spell finishing moves BW has told us about, and several of the moves in the exchange between Hawke and the qunari do seem like they could be actual in-game combat moves (new deathblow animations). Now, this could just be me wanting to believe that BW didn't simply throw in a flashy move after half a minute of pretty standard melee combat, but BW's trailers have always given us some idea of what to expect even if the trailers don't represent the final product.

All in all, pretty psyched about the whole thing!

I belive in BioWare staff and know that they wont disipoint us, am can hardly wait for the game the trailer and the info on DA2 official page are telling me that this will be an epic game :cool: