Entire City Rebuilt

sick115

Ok, I am just getting started with modding, and I am getting bored with Fallout 3 as it is. The #1 thing that could spice up the game for me for quite a while, is a complete overhaul of the city. When I say city, I mean the whole downtown area complete with skyscrapers and traffic, the entire countryside complete with rolling hills and grassy meadows, and the little demolished neighborhoods remade with children playing in the streets. I would go on, but you get the picture, pretty much the game set in a time before the nuclear war, or whatever happened.

I know it's a helluva lot to ask for but with some teamwork and an organized plan, it could all be very much possible.

I don't want just all this, I want more. I want quests, maybe not new quests, but just old ones that could be remade, or retexured to look new.

Anyway, leave your comments on what you think of this. Flame me, support me, shoot this idea down. This could be the best thing that ever happened to Fallout 3.

(I probably typed this all for someone to come along and tell me this has already been done).

It is being done piecemeal by a number of modders including me. I plan to upload a complete remake of Springvale in the near future. I am well along on a complete remake of Georgetown with modern buildings and a functional Hotel with furnished rooms and guests, penthouse and rooftop garden. The homes all cleaned up with new textures and occupied.

Am also building a community near Tenpenny Tower which has also been modernized and cleaned up.

Someone is doing a White House mod that looks promising, but they have taken a hiatus for now.

I don't think forming a team for this sort of project will accomplish the goal you seek. I would just keep an eye out for mods that contribute toward that goal and encourage the modders.

It is being done piecemeal by a number of modders including me. I plan to upload a complete remake of Springvale in the near future. I am well along on a complete remake of Georgetown with modern buildings and a functional Hotel with furnished rooms and guests, penthouse and rooftop garden. The homes all cleaned up with new textures and occupied.

Am also building a community near Tenpenny Tower which has also been modernized and cleaned up.

Someone is doing a White House mod that looks promising, but they have taken a hiatus for now.

I don't think forming a team for this sort of project will accomplish the goal you seek. I would just keep an eye out for mods that contribute toward that goal and encourage the modders.

If I knew how to create mods and towns, I would already be halfway done with downtown. But sadly, I don't have Fallout installed on my laptop at the moment, nor do I have any clue how to get started with modding. I'm looking into it though.

Glad to see someone is attempting this.

Sick115, I suppose modding isn't for everyone, but it can be a great hobby. Just don't set your expectations too high to start with and thus discourage yourself. Also count every little victory and dance a small jig.

McClaudEagle,I haven't experienced any fps issues thus far.

If you get that rust bucket pasted together so it functions as a single unit, I sure want a copy.

• 4 months later...