Linking Patrol Markers

Bond123

I have attempted to study the game for a clue for linking patrol markers so a guard follows a specific set of actions by following the markers. Can't find any thing on the wiki either.

I hope someone can either educate me or point me to a source of study.

If you want to make the guard do more than change directions as he walks, then you may want to link idle markers. Make sure to set each marker for at least one hour or the NPC will probably walk past quickly and ignore the marker's associated idle animations.

The easiest way that I found to set up NPCs with patrols was to find NPCs in the vanilla game that did things similar to the behavior that I wanted my NPCs to follow, and then find them in the GECK and study their AI Packages and markers. I could usually find something close that I could modify for my own diabolical intentions.

Basically, you create your markers, and have each marker list the next in its "linked reference" box. If you want a circle, the last marker should link back to the first. Then in your patrol package, pick the first marker.

If you want an example, look in my Vault Rejects mod. I set up a simple one around the town square in Grayditch.