RH_Ironsights - Book of EARACHE compatibility.

SpacemanSpIiff

sakura357 - Just found this thread. Hope you don't mind me posting here. :rolleyes:

I am not planning on rebuilding all the models in BOE for RH compatibility, but if swapping the firing animation makes the default weapons play nicer, I'd be happy to incorporate those changes. If you would like to share the results of your work with me, I'll modify the mod.

sakura357 - Just found this thread. Hope you don't mind me posting here. :rolleyes:

I am not planning on rebuilding all the models in BOE for RH compatibility, but if swapping the firing animation makes the default weapons play nicer, I'd be happy to incorporate those changes. If you would like to share the results of your work with me, I'll modify the mod.

Thank you for the reply. What I did so far was change the attack animation of the m14 hunting rifle and the benelli JSS shotgun (strap/no strap) and they are behaving as you'd expect them to do with RH_Ironsights. The Shotgun works perfectly, but the m14 is not properly lined up.

The main issue that requires little work is simply swapping the attack animation from attack left to attack right (this is whats causing the gun to get thrown out of sights after every shot). And then also make sure the weapon does not have "dont use first person IS animations" checked.

The issue with doing that is when using RH_Iron sights, as i said some guns don't properly line up, the severity of the issue varies on the weapon. Guns like the hk416 block the screen and make using Iron sights a hassle. Guns like the m14 hunting rifle are just minorly off but forgivable in my eyes(since I did not have the intention of releasing my tweak publicly). When I have the time I did plan on lining up the guns myself...or atleast trying...and then if it was something worth releasing I would have.

The mod is great and I've told you numerous times in the endorsements thread this. I just didn't want to burden you with more work like this.

COUGHbumpCOUGHCOUGHlol

Don't mean to butt in again (seriously no disrespect) but Sakura seems to have a decent way with the weapons, even the ones that don't align properly. Is it possible for anyone to build a converter for and have it apply those changes to them? I realize alignment's an issue but at least a ballpark fix for a majority would be really awesome

-Again, no disrespect and my sincerest of apologies.

COUGHbumpCOUGHCOUGHlol

Don't mean to butt in again (seriously no disrespect) but Sakura seems to have a decent way with the weapons, even the ones that don't align properly. Is it possible for anyone to build a converter for and have it apply those changes to them? I realize alignment's an issue but at least a ballpark fix for a majority would be really awesome

-Again, no disrespect and my sincerest of apologies.

Adjustments like these are made to the weapon's .nif file and/or to the weapon's game configuration. Once made, these changes can be distributed as a package of alternate models and/or a patch ESP.

To sakura357 and others, I've been checking out attack animations a lot today. For weapons using the animation type Rifle - Ballistic (2 Hand) (this is in FO3Edit, the wording might be different in the GECK,) try out Attack4 if you're looking for a semi-automatic animation with a little less recoil and without the leftward jerk that occurs using AttackRight. You still get recoil, but it's pretty much straight back and upwards.