Small MyFirstLaboratory Mod

crimsoncosmos

Hey!

I'm looking for someone willing to write up a little mod for the Lab. As it stands in vanilla, it's quite useless.

I know about Better Living Through Chems, that's nice for variety and effects, but doesn't touch the lab itself - so you can't make your own stuff.

Mr. Lab Technician is a great mod too, but it's a tad more complex and thus less compatible. I plan on using this alongside FOOK.

Here's what I had in mind:

1. the option to bring in-game chems to the lab table and have it "record" the recipe.

2. the option to create more of any chem you've previously reverse engineered in the lab.

This would allow for mod-added drugs to work seamlessly.

3. creating drugs would require some basic crafting components like a "drug kit" and a bottle of "purified water".

While not very realistic, having a generic recipe for all pharmaceutical compounds allows for more flexibility.

4. the option to create more than one compound per day.

Same "processing" time perhaps, but the option to make, say, 5 doses of Jet instead of just one (depending on the available components).

5. some tweaking of the existing withdrawal effects to make them actually matter.

6. some tweaking of the existing addiction chances

Other features could, doubtlessly, be added at a later stage.

I figure it best to leave water purification/water bottles out of this as I'd rather have a portable water purifier mod.

For smokeable cigarettes there's already a small little mod, embedding this feature in here would be more hassle than it's worth.

Making weapons out of drugs is a nice idea but it kind of kills the idea of having this work with other mod added drugs.

Of course, I don't mind some variety, so if you're feeling creative some new ones on top of the vanilla few are always welcome.

Please, let me know if you've got any ideas or if you're willing to pick this up!

Much obliged!

cc