Melee Made Mental

Hugh521

i always want to embrace my inner ninja and be a totally slick silent assassin. the chinese stealth suit and officer's sword promised that in fallout 3. however it was let down by typically underpowered melee attacks, one reason for this: slicing. its always a slicing attack, and unless they cause serious damage and take limbs off in a few hits theyre fairly useless. but stabbing is not only way cooler, its also probably more effective. (slightly serial killer sounding here i admit).

i think that melee combat could be much more appealing and particularly the stealth aspect if someone could manage to implement this. it could be a perk or, this is my preference, an incentive to invest skill points in melee. i.e. lvl 75 melee means that critical hits will result in a massively damaging stab attack. for those critical hit whores among you who max out their chances, a second successive critical could result in a straight up decapitation.

stealth is equally important, i think that the up close and personal approach could be much more attractive if say a sneak attack critical when the player has high sneak and probably max melee would result in, again a totally badass, throat slice from behind for a silent insta-kill. this should probably require ery high sneak and melee and drain AP in order to prevent it being and 'insta-kill/insta-win' feature.

that's just my idea, feel free to take artistic liberties.

here's my email if you want to have a go at it, not that i'll be involved i'd just like to know if someone is having a go and if they've found a way or, hopefully not, decided its impossible. thanks.

[email protected]

I've been wanting a stabbing animation ever since I got fallout 3. See, as it turns out, due to the way fallout reads collision, you can actually make it so that the blade goes THROUGH the target--but, with the slicing motions, it looks awful. I dream of the day you can run a blade through a raider's torso.

Unfortunately, I know jack about modeling or animating. Still, I'll help in any way possible.