Horses from Oblivion in Fallout 3

speedsyco

Hold your horses (pun intended)

In the fallout universe horses are extinct aren't they?

I mean, I am not the lore police, and I like real animals more than robots, put in a giddyup buttercup, like on the slides and I think billboards. Of course, I would still get the normal horse (I used to have one) but I think a robot horse would be a cool option, maybe make the horse the product of a genetic experiment, just to make it more lore friendly

Watch me be wrong about horses being extinct.

I don't think they're extinct, they're just not seen. Like there are squirrels, they just aren't seen. And you never see birds on the ground. But I wouldn't say they had to be extinct. Game makers just didn't bother with making too many animals probably partly because it would be another thing to load into a cell that isn't really needed for the fps. If we had everything we think should be there, the game wouldn't run. :blink:

I don't think they're extinct, they're just not seen. Like there are squirrels, they just aren't seen. And you never see birds on the ground. But I wouldn't say they had to be extinct. Game makers just didn't bother with making too many animals probably partly because it would be another thing to load into a cell that isn't really needed for the fps. If we had everything we think should be there, the game wouldn't run. :blink:

Following Chris Avellone, they are extinct:

Fallout Wiki: Horses

Following Chris Avellone, they are extinct:

Fallout Wiki: Horses

yeah, and every thing in that wiki is correct, not. I've found many disrepencies in that thing.

I doubt very much they are extinct, the most that can be said is they aren't in the usa (just because it isn't in america, doesn't mean it doesn't exist). :laugh:

Chris Avellone wrote the lore... so if you care about the lore, horses are gone if he says so.

I was refering to how that wiki is about as reliable as a life long pot heads memory. :yes:

I do think a mechanical means of transport is more likely than a beasty, but for beasty rides, a yoa gui (spell check) or brahmin would be best, but even those won't be much faster then walking/running. better to leave them for 'pack mules'. Bring on the robot horses! :P

I was refering to how that wiki is about as reliable as a life long pot heads memory. :yes:

Fallout Wiki is very well controled and this is a chris avellone quote. You know... the man who wrote fallout bible, who was lead director of canceled van buren, co-designer for fallout new vegas and one of the major heads for fallout 2... so, if his words don't count for you, it's pointless even to talk about lore^^

Fallout Wiki is very well controled and this is a chris avellone quote. You know... the man who wrote fallout bible, who was lead director of canceled van buren, co-designer for fallout new vegas and one of the major heads for fallout 2... so, if his words don't count for you, it's pointless even to talk about lore^^

i'll have to dig up the dozen or so lazy entries i refer too, all quest related. :tongue:

[quote name='toadlet' timestamp='1283887089' post='2094753'

]I'll have to dig up the dozen or so lazy entries i refer too, all quest related. :tongue:

I assume you talking about Fallout3 Wiki Entries. This doesn't mean anything, because real Fallout Fans use to ignore everything fallout3 lore related. So Fallout3 wiki entries are made by fallout3 fans and if such entries hold mistakes, then they only reflect the new fallout3 fanbase. Could you show me just a single inaccurate entry about fallout 1/2, tactics or van buren?

By the way, we not talking about quest description here, we talking about a quote. So you really wanna tell me, this quote was truely never made and the fallout wiki staff posting false information on purpose? :rolleyes:

[quote name='toadlet' timestamp='1283887089' post='2094753'

]I'll have to dig up the dozen or so lazy entries i refer too, all quest related. :tongue:

I assume you talking about Fallout3 Wiki Entries. This doesn't mean anything, because real Fallout Fans use to ignore everything fallout3 lore related. So Fallout3 wiki entries are made by fallout3 fans and if such entries hold mistakes, then they only reflect the new fallout3 fanbase. Could you show me just a single inaccurate entry about fallout 1/2, tactics or van buren?

By the way, we not talking about quest description here, we talking about a quote. So you really wanna tell me, this quote was truely never made and the fallout wiki staff posting false information on purpose? :rolleyes:

I wouldn't know!

I was too busy playing them all (even the sad BOS ps verion). In fact my 1st ever pc game was original fallout. My fave is tactics. Like I said before, I don't claim to be lore perfect, and tbh I only ask that modders at least consider the game they are making mods for. Anyone who is so inflexable regarding the small details really needs to get out in the sunshine more.

The only reason I know that wiki (re: quests mostly) is crap, is because friends would come asking me about details, that the wiki got wrong.