What are you...

brokenergy

Going to name your Hawke? The last name can't change but we have the freedom to choose his/her first name.

http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/1221/nutellay.gif

Long story about the nutella thing

Edit: Since the nature of the topic has changed a bit, we are also discussing the different locations and people you would like to see in DA2.

Sorry Chiramu, Hawke is the main character in DA2. No warden for you :sad: I'm guessing more DLC's and expansions for a proper send off.

Also the devs have said that each game is going to have a single protagonist, so Hawke is only for DA2 + expansions and DLC's only. So, in DA3 and later releases would have a new protagonist.

Hawke... I wonder who's bright idea that was. In Origins we at least had a last name that could have been real but Hawke for a commoner from Lothering? Doesn't really fit into the Welsh-Scottish flavor of the naming nomenclature for Ferelden. But that is a rant for another thread... :verymad:

What would I name this person? A female could be Atlanta, Blacke, Sea, Sparrow, Star, Susan, Toma. Males could be Ethan, Goose, Hudson, Redd, Stringfellow, Tommy. Tony, War. Androgynous: Chicken

Seriously though, names are lame in this game since they aren't going to call us by them anyway. Might as well just name them Dick and Jane :whistling:

If male his name will be Corbin. :thumbsup:

If female her name will be... Brielle.

P.S, I used to really like Nutella but I got grossed out and stopped buying it when I started to have a problem with it drying out along the inside surface of the container and getting all weird and yucky tasting... :sleep:

P.S.S, I'm still majorly disappointed and pissed that we can only play as a boring old human in DA2. :wallbash:

Sorry Chiramu, Hawke is the main character in DA2. No warden for you :sad: I'm guessing more DLC's and expansions for a proper send off.

Also the devs have said that each game is going to have a single protagonist, so Hawke is only for DA2 + expansions and DLC's only. So, in DA3 and later releases would have a new protagonist.

I thought I remember reading on the DA2 FAQs that you could import characters...

#

Will the Dragon Age 2 story react to the decisions I made in Dragon Age: Origins?

Yes. If you import your Origins playthroughs, you will experience the consequences of the choices you made previously. However, this is not necessary to fully experience Dragon Age 2.

In the FAQ page...

Your choices from Origins and Awakening can be ported but your character won't. The DA series is based on single protagonists who change Thedas forever and in this case Hawke would start a war and the Warden saves Thedas from the Blight. The only thing that doesn't change is the continent, which is the series is all about. Kind of like the movie "Lost in Translation", where the main character is Japan it self.

@Lehcar: Yeah, I'm bummed too but if you think about it in the context of lore, a human would fit perfectly in this case.

@Rusty: Well Lothering is close to the city of Gwaren (which is Ferelden's version of Wales) so I'm not surprised actually.

@Rusty: Well Lothering is close to the city of Gwaren (which is Ferelden's version of Wales) so I'm not surprised actually.

Gwaren is on the southeast coast, SSE of Denerim and if you look at the map it is further south than Ostagar; not exactly close unless you consider Denerim close. Should I have mentioned the lack of a road to get there from anywhere? :wink:

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090313004320/dragonage/images/9/9f/Ferelden_Map_1.jpg

I don't know exactly how large the Teyrns' plot of land, it could be that Loghain controls Lothering as part of his land allocated to him or the Cousland family has that area. I'm thinking in the way where the land is split up, so it could that Lothering falls under Loghain's overall rule but the land is given to the various Arls and Banns to take care of it. I don't know much to be sure about it.