Armageddon: Before the Rift

Zephyr2011

Kriak laughed heartily "So much the better proxy." He swung his shortsword and tore through the skeleton's burning robe and sliced the bindings and ligaments of the proxy and crushed the frail bones with ease. Black-blue flames licked across the shortsword and engulfed the remainder of the proxy. Kriak stepped over the burning corpse his boot crushed the skull and seeing stone. The assassin strode into the sloads chamber and held the point of his blade at the sload's throat. "Any last words necromancer?"

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aluida let out a cheerful sounding laugh, "So you’re not as blind as i thought you to be." he said in an almost playful manner. "I guess the drake's out of the bag on that one, if you'll pardon the pun. Royalty... yes of a sorts, although id rather not say I’ve fallen from..... 'grace' as you would so put it." sensing a slight curiosity in the Drakkar Aluida decided to continue. "I was born with this mark branded onto my hand, the so-called Mark of the Uncha Isles from whence I truly come. They are a group of islands found on the north western most corner of Luier, the name of the lands I come from. Five islands surround the largest in the centre.... that.." she said with an almost resentful sigh, "Is where I used to govern.... If you had ever been there or met someone from there, as I assume, you've heard that that is the home of the Astenous demons, vile creatures that could suck the very life from your being through their fingertips." he paused, "To cut this story shorter I left, plain and simple, I resented having a drop of blood in common with those demons, lest of all being considered as a leader among those that need to feed on others like parasites to live. After leaving there I met..." he paused for a moment, seeming to search for words, "An elf, to put it quite bluntly. Soon after that through reasons I’m sure your intelligible mind can fathom I joined the city under the guise of a guard, pledging myself to the royal family, and since I looked so much alike their race as well I considered myself like them for awhile... One of the demons from the isles had tracked me down in the meantime and slew the girl and as we fought opened a rift, banishing me, and as I hope, himself, in this realm. I am only here for blood, or a means to get back so I can do so." he shrugged, "I doubt any of that was meaningful to you but I’ve been wanting to get it off my chest for some time. Do with it what you will. As for having use for me," he chuckled, "If it eventually leads to my departure of this place, or the finding of my enemy Akuma, then I would be more than happy to lend my services."

He regarded the information that the drakkar had relayed to him carefully and with great interest. "Intriguing tactic. Only by the shedding of blood can the blood of more innocence be spared then?" he chuckled, "I am of no alignment, this makes me.... flexible. if you could so put it. Oh and as for the child, let’s just put it that I don’t have much patience for them anyway..... putting up with them is merely a.. formality."

Nynlata chuckled, "Loose ends eh?" she said whilst she watched as it bounced the orb in its hands. She leant up against the wall in an almost uncaring manner, her same grin still on her face. Nynlata folded her arms behind her head. "Well you've made me curious now, what would you want with a dark elf slash sentient werewolf eh? you in all black armor and that menacing look of a killer on your face." she said after faking a shiver with her grin broadening a bit "Am I to be a Bloodhound for your organization as well then?" she said whilst eyeing him awhile, "There’s no denying it, I smell others on you that are the same. That stench of death is quite prominent on you." she chuckled, "Aside from that I’m curious, what was the purpose of you seeking that orb? me I just found it a shiny object that may find some coin in the market." she said with a chuckle.

OOC: How did you know that was a proxy? It was a flaming skeleton, and there is no history of anyone ever making anything like it in this game's history.

N'Kvaka:

N'Kvaka makes a sideways glance at the skeleton's crushed skull, and sees the blackened seeing stone amongst the ashes. It seems uharmed, though the skeleton is broken behind retrieval. Muttering under his breath, he casts a force spell through the seeing throne. It propels the assassin into a wall, stunning him for long enough for the Sload to lift his massive bulk out of the Kriak's reach. He looks down at the assassin, and speaks.

"How were you aware that was a proxy? And what reason do you have for simply barging on to my property, and threatening me with death? I haven't even attempted to harm you, despite your destruction of my home and my experiment. I merely attempted to eject you from my home as peacefully as possible, in this case by trying to scare you with that invaluable creature on the floor. I have nothing to do with your plot or the King's. I am a scientist with no involvement in any of this."

Edited by RobCoPublicReassurance

Leonardo watched Nynlata's acrobatics and stopped in awe of her skill. Wondering if he was to see a show Leonardo slowed as he approached the alley way and peered down it. To his annoyance he found himself disappointed that they were simply conversing. Still, he had nothing better to do and he could see now that the man from the bar was no ordinary peasant. Leonardo leaned against the wall at the mouth of the alleyway and watched them talk.

OOC>Really? You're asking that? Necromancy is legal in Armageddon (there's a frickin' god to it) and not uncommon, especially amoung sneaky individuals who needa discreet way to get stuff done (ie: proxies) so logically there are some Creed Members who dabble in necromancy and Kriak, a top operative of the Creed would logically know such people and be at least somewhat familiar with their magics. Additionally logically some necromancers steal frm graves or kill people and steal their corpses which tends to piss off ther families and thus the Creed comes in, particularly powerful necromancers would be dealt with by top Creed operatives (ie: Kriak) thus he wold be familiar with far more discreet and far stronger proxies than a petty megaphone of a skeleton. Additionally: skeleton, middle of a city, in a populated house (N'Vaka was at the window), seemingly capable of sentient speech, not a lich (not nearly powerful enough) what the heck else is it supposed to be??? Oh and specifically mentioned Kriak crushing the seeing stone and skull with his boot, unharmed my backside sir, mildly functional maybe but not unharmed as such I ignore your previous post's on topic portion.

The Drakkar laughed bitterly, "Oh no, I am quite blind. Physically that is. I relly upon my magics to see. It has...benefits. For example, you could say that I can see your soul so long as it is not guarded. Weather through training or happenstance yours is quite guarded, you wish to forget a troubled past making the waters murkier for me. But others who are not so remiss, such as the 'child' are far more transparent. Children annoy me but their minds are...moldable. I rarely kill them but as I said I can see your 'soul' and that was not the soul of a child but rather a drunken magician who frequents bars and taverns to swindle people with petty parlor tricks and bed down the house whoars and liquer. Look-" The Drakkar gestured down to where the 'child' fell, a bloodied corpse with an impacted skull and bones sticking out at odd angles, a clear sign of impactal trauma. The being was exceedingly disproportionate, some parts childish others showing thetrue man in its half-transformed state. "I suspect he used this guise to flee towns when he was discovered, it served him well before and he had no reason to believe that today would be any different but he was shown no mercy." A cynical smile flashed on the Drakkar's face. "Now then, how do you feel about assassination?"

The figure still tossing the orb, "That is for us to know and you to find out, we have plans for it but that's all you need to know at the moment. Now you seek a better life-one free from the rage of bloodlust and although not strictly speaking legal, undetected by the law. We offe both. You nearly spiral into a blood craving frenzy at the sight of the red stuff, as evident by your panic at the antique shop, there are several similar to you within our sanctuary and they have mastered the arts of keeping this bloodlust in check and maintaining their sanity, you enjoy stealing which although not a large part of our occupation is doable. But with your bloodlust mastered we offer you the true shadow's calling: assassination. And your friend wants a way home-" he jerked his head back towards Leonardo at the mouth of the alleyway, "That can be arranged..."

>OOC There was no need to go off on such a tirade. The reason I said the seeing stone was unharmed was because you were able to barge into my house and destroy things before I could react, and then when I attempted to, you were suddenly able to destroy the skeletal minion I worked on for several posts on end without me having so much as a chance to tell it to attack. Edited by RobCoPublicReassurance

Aluida turned his attention to the child like man as the Drakkar mentioned him. "I see." He let out a short chuckle, "Then i suppose either way he deserved what he recieved. Such people would be a blight on the city if they were allowed to continue their ways unchallanged." He watched the Drakkar ahwile, "How do i feel about Assassination you ask?" he unfolded his arms and shrugged. "To be honest ive always had a soft spot for assassins." he chuckled, "Found that out when i went with the lady to visit the dwarf lands. Their politics are complicated and yet, simple in a way. Someone bothers you and you just have him have an... accident.. so to speak. you can just emagine the tensions at the kings table." he chuckled and shook his head, "No one would eat in fear the food was poisoned. Shall we say my knowladge of herbs came in handy in that visit, but again i digress. The answer to your original question would be that i have no qualms with it. Just know that i make quick kills rather than let someone suffer for long," his expression darkned, upon his face such an expression might strike fear into some that looked upon it reflecting more of his true nature. "I intend saving such suffering for the one i hunt."

Nynlata noded and folded her arms, adapting a look of speculation. "All sounds well and good, but my time with working with assassins, theives and the like has tought me that such wonderful offers never come without an underlying price." she tilted her head to the mouth of the alleyway, "Might as well come out now that we both know youre here." she turned her attentrion back to the man. "And one more question, would i be free to disembowel my target, or use any means of my pleasing to incinerate, electricute, blow up or otherwise cause general distruction on my target?" as she said so small bolts of lightning cracked from her held up arm, dancing along her fingertips.