Base head meshes

Lehcar

Where are the meshes for the base headmorphs located?

Wanted to see if I could do something about the disproportioned elf male face, since other 3d model editing programs do not have the same restrictions and limitations as the toolset.

You can extract the files using datool. http://social.bioware.com/project/41/

After starting up the program, and ignoring the popup window about it being outdated, click on file/browse models/characters/elf male.

then hold down the ctrl key and use your < > keys (left and right arrow keys in the directional key diamond on your keyboard to shift thru them. Once you find the male head mesh, you just click File/Save All then choose where you want to save it. It will export them in the DA format, so your 3d prog does need to have the required plugins to handle those formats ;)

Now, as you know, I'm NO 3d expert. So I dont know if making alterations to the mesh will affect the bones and rigging which affect the morph dialers, the morph settings, and the animations. Or what all you need to do to make sure that it doesnt. :(

You probably already know this, but will go ahead and mention it. That any changes you make to that model are gonna affect ALL male elves in the game. So there could be some interesting (effed up?) results about moving those morph points around.