Probably Simple Request

Beefyh

So this will be easy? I am not sure it would produce any bugs at all. Dropping the weapon has nothing to do with obtaining the weapon does it? If required by a quest to retrieve a weapon, it doesn't care how you got it. In my little tiny itty bitty knowledge center up in my head, it is telling me that activating a weapon on the ground would be the same as getting it out of inventory. I might be wrong, I've never looked into what the difference was. Maybe on the ground it has some different scripts? (idk what they would be :) )

Thanks anyways, I'll think up some nice fun twisted evil demented happy torturing solution :)

Im going to make you a tribute website with all your mods and pictures and EVERY SINGLE COMMENT. :) It is coming along nicely

Edit: Kinda off topic but this thread is done anyways... What if I bump this BUT THEN REALLY FAST delete the post. Is it still at the top? :P

Edited by Beefyh

Since I got Fallout I have hardly touched Oblivion, so I'm not sure what the function list for the latest version of OBSE is, but FOSE has GetBaseObject which can be used to make dynamic and base references equivalent (for the sake of a mod like this).<br>EDIT: In english: a base reference is what an object has in someone's inventory, every item of the same type has the same base reference. Every time an object is placed in the world however,(ie, a sword is dropped) it is given a dynamic reference. Even two identical swords in the world will have different dynamic references, and these references are the ones you have to use to manipulate it (untill it is placed back into an inventory and then the base reference is the one)<br>It is impossible to predict what the dynamic reference of an object will be, meaning that script which deals with trivial-droppable objects (like swords) are impossible.<br><br>I still reckon it's not worth the effort, it's something which is dead easy to hard code into the engine, but next to impossible to script. Just hope they include it in TES5.<br><br>Trying to kludge a VATS system in oblivion would be really interesting, impossible, but interesting. I'm not sure if there are the functions dealing with game speed like in Fallout (SetGlobalTimeMultiplier), and the lack of the idea of a creature having a velocity, combined with the slow projectile speed makes leading a target impossible leaving it guaranteed to miss at any range. Oh well, we can dream, even just a spell which slows the world down wouldn't be completely lore breaking while still having a heap of utility and being a reasonable approximation.<br><br>EDIT: I hope the formatting turns out alright, the editor hates me, It just looks like a solid wall of text on my computer.<br>

Here. http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=34113 It's not perfect as in what you were saying but oh well. It works for me. Actually that's the only thing it says on the box. :) Making a spell that drained your magicka within 2 - 6 seconds and slowed down the world dramatically might be able to be done, but I'm sure AI files wouldn't like it :)