Less than honest merchants

MidbossVyers

I'm still wondering how these merchants are supposed to know they're stolen goods in the first place.

Do people just let that slide for the sake of the gameplay? I know it's everyone's personal game, but I have to admit I'm surprised so many people don't care about this issue.

I'm still wondering how these merchants are supposed to know they're stolen goods in the first place.

Do people just let that slide for the sake of the gameplay? I know it's everyone's personal game, but I have to admit I'm surprised so many people don't care about this issue.

There is a mod that changes it. I don't recall the exact name but if you search on "Friendly Merchants" you should find it. IIRC, the other merchants will also buy stolen merchandise if they like you well enough...

There is a mod that changes it. I don't recall the exact name but if you search on "Friendly Merchants" you should find it. IIRC, the other merchants will also buy stolen merchandise if they like you well enough...

Oh, I know. Merchants Buy Stolen Goods was one of the first mods I ever downloaded.

I'm just wondering why people like the idea of psychic merchants. I'm honestly wondering what people imagine to explain it. If it's magic, there should be something in the game that alludes to that, even if the player can't learn the spell.

Oh, I know. Merchants Buy Stolen Goods was one of the first mods I ever downloaded.

I'm just wondering why people like the idea of psychic merchants. I'm honestly wondering what people imagine to explain it. If it's magic, there should be something in the game that alludes to that, even if the player can't learn the spell.

I thought they went to the same training seminar as the psychic guards...:biggrin:

(In other words, I thought it was stupid too.)

Well, it makes sense it a sort of twisted way. If you steal something, that item is considered "hot" property and people probably will report you if they see it. This would only make sense for recognizable weapons, armors, etc.. However how would they know that your fork is stolen?