Increase Draw Distance

snoochems

Hi all,

I've just started playing this game. I've left Vault 101, and now am out side. The first thing I noticed was a building popping up in front of me. Lame. I am playing on a PC, and I really hate it when I see things magically appearing right in front of me like I was some scummy console playing adolescent.

Anyways, I assumed I wasn't the only one that doesn't like magical buildings suddenly appearing, so I looked for a mod. I can only find, to my astonishment, mods to DECREASE draw distance. I'm not sure how it is possible people would actually like to decrease the draw distance, but anyways...

Is there a mod or some other way to increase the draw distance?

I'd try turning you draw distance up to full first, failing that, get a better graphics card. At max draw distance I have never had a building "pop" up infront of me, nor has anyone else I know experienced that (except for one or two who had it set down). The change from lower LOD to full detail is next to unnoticeable depending on your graphics settings, unless you want to suddenly teleport yourself forward a few hundred meters.

If you're set on increasing the draw distance, figure out how the reduction mods work and the exact same procedure should be applicable to increasing it.