Witch Hunt

DarkSpiral

Guest deleted1486952
Not done yet, for those playing I'm starting the Dragon Waste section. But so far, VERY disappointed, playing in a straight line, was section to the next, then the next, can't really do anything else other than go right in line to the next required section. The battles are not all that hard so far, and there's no one monster that a bad boss type. Nor is there really any conversation outside of what's reqiured to follow the next clue. But, still near the start, so hoping it'll improve.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Rachel12; "I'm not Listening. I'm not Listening. I AM NOT LISTENING!" [shuts eyes/puts hands over ears]

Can't tell you, BKE. d/l'ing now, and am at 75% after 1 hour. [sigh]

I actually have the entire 902MB .zip file on my thumb drive. (Just in case, you know, the server locks-up or some other catastrophe occurs. :tongue: )

Obtained from the legit BioWare d/l server, AFTER official release, and USELESS until you use the in-game "Buy" option and have your points deducted. (And even then you have to futz around with the .xml to get it recognized.)

But I prefer to let the automagic stuff do its work. Saves troubleshooting headaches later if everything were done "the way God and the developers intended" to begin with. :laugh:

Ok, well I just finished it (yes, it's that fast). I played a Warden in full romance with Morrigan, but had not gotten to Red Cliff and well...you know.

I played it with an unfinished Warden who had Morrigan in love with him, but had not gotten to the Ritual yet. If you do it this way, the game will automatically assume you didn't want the Ritual (and I guess Alistair dies since the Warden is alive). Morrigan is a little miffed at that, but still has feelings for you. Basically she wants to find a working mirror that will take her to "a world beyond the fade" and completely out of Flemeth's reach. If you are in a romance but didn't do the Ritual, then she will still have a child, although she has hidden your son from you somewhere else. She explains that Flemeth is much more then just an abomination, demon, etc. - which I assume we'll find out more on in DA2.

This makes me think Hawke is somehow related to your Warden and Morrigan (having huge arms come out of some portals to rip a demon in half always felt like an Old God thing to me). Morrigan HAS hidden the child, or at least the normal one without an Archdemon's soul. I would assume it means that she gave him up or put him the safe care of someone she felt was worthy to raise him (after all, she didn't take him into the mirror, and the mirror looks like a one-way trip). As to what is actually beyond the mirror...well it went straight to credits after that and thus came my disappointment. Finn and the elf character are throw aways, and all they seemed interested in was your dog.

Oh ya, Morrigan WILL go through the mirror, but if you're in a romance then she agrees to take you with her after some kissy kissy and really, really corny "I'm in love" grins - no seriously, they do this.

Non-spoiler opinions? Well, it's really short, and I mean really short. There are maybe four areas you go to total, and the only real boss fight is with the new creature you see in the trailer. The creature is certainly interesting, but anything beyond that is more spoilers. Do you get some answers? Yes. Do you get more questions? Most definitely - now go back to your chair and wait impatiently for DA2.

Oh yes, I had one little bug - my NPCs didn't attack any monsters. I don't know if this is a conflict with a mod, but resetting the game didn't seem to fix it and I have too many mods to sift through to find out with one could be causing problems. Maybe it was a fluke for me, but be on the look out for it.

I think that there is actually a bug, I just check it out, but thanks. Someone has to do the DR and see where that goes.

Edit: People, WH is bugged. Currently BW have not address it yet but they are investigating it. So don't worry.

I have one character close to the ritual, and I want to get him through it before importing him into WH. Should be able to give a good asnwer to that one tomorrow. I have none romancing her as well, so someone will have to fill in that gap.

I'm about to go on a war path...

SPOILER

I didn't romance, but I did knock her up, but the game regiestered it as I didn't (So why am I alive then?!?!) She goes, doesn't tell me a bloody thing, THE HELL?! And she leaves me something...What? A Book? A book I can't read because the DLC ended?! The Hell! >_<

I didn't romance, but I did knock her up, but the game regiestered it as I didn't (So why am I alive then?!?!) She goes, doesn't tell me a bloody thing, THE HELL?! And she leaves me something...What? A Book? A book I can't read because the DLC ended?! The Hell! >_<

Fixed. Learn to use spoiler tags please.

(Fixed! Wish I could do it for the original post...)

@LB; See my response to your (UNspoiled) post over over on the "WH Trailer" thread (not sure why you posted to both.) And I second Kayinv's admonition. Please, please learn to use the [ spoiler ] ...The stuff you want to hide... [ / spoiler ] tags correctly. (Take out the spaces in that example.)

@BKE: Since you ask, here's my first impressions and very short summary:

Big Win! Maybe not an "Epic Win", from a gaming perspective. (But see my final thoughts below.)

We've all been over this ground (literally, in regards to the locations used) before. Nothing completely new in the way of enemies until the very end.

(Minor-)

Early on there is a twist on the "defeated baddies regenerating until you figure out what's doing it" approach. That was my next-to-hardest fight.

I did not have any of the problems/bugs that some (ok, one) reported. All companions executed their parts of combat IAW the AI tactics just fine. And the Party Banter was up to the high standards we've come to expect from the Dragon Age Team (Thanks Sheryl, Dave, et al!)

(Minor-)

(Especially liked Dog initiating convos! ;D )

While I would recommend importing a Warden who isn't a pushover, and one who's relationship with Morrigan (either way) and decisions in the last couple of sequences of DA:O you're happy to "live" with, I would NOT recommend using your most powerful one. (I imported my most recent Level 33, DW Rogue from Awakenings, and basically all combat was a cake-walk.) Maybe I should have used the same Warden, but from the end of Origins, (Level 24-or-so.) Although that might not have mattered, since everything might scale to the PC's level anyway.

Final First Thoughts:

As far as the main reason to play Witch Hunt, (for most of us, anyway...)

I got the ending I had hoped for, and I think any/everyone else can too!

Overall...? :thumbsup: :thumbsup: