Witch Hunt

DarkSpiral

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It should be noted at this point that a good many mods will not work with this DLC. Auto-Loot :wallbash: Innodil's Pocket Plane :wallbash: The Winter Forge and anything modded with it :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: Time to go play in addins.xml :rolleyes: Then I can play without being naked.

Edit: Changing ExtendedModuleUID="Single Player" to ExtendedModuleUID="dao_prc_str" is the quick fix but you need to change it back afterward. Making a copy of the entire listing with the ExtendedModuleUID="dao_prc_str" is the only permanent solution and needs to be done for all mods that are not working.

Edited by RustyBlade

Morphs transfer over, and finally BW made an attractive elf in Arienne. This was worth it just to bring some closure, and hints at what DA2 will bring. Lots of easter eggs from DAO and DAA if you listen to all of the banter carefully. Like other DLC's not difficult, just throwing lots of enemies at you at one time periodically, but only one real challenge in the whole DLC. The ending was quite significant, and answered some questions for my King with a child. I'll import my Dalish next to see what happens with her as far as the beginning goes.

EDIT: Just finished second playthrough as my Dalish, and it was worth the time for the difference in the story. Plus this one refused the DR in Origins.

I second all that DanScott said above! :thumbsup:

EDIT: Just finished second playthrough as my Dalish, and it was worth the time for the difference in the story. Plus this one refused the DR in Origins.

Haven't gone back with my Dalish yet.

Can't for the life of me remember which of my characters (besides the one who just finished WH) refused the DR, which performed it themselves, which had someone else do it, and if this last, which were associated with which decision at the Landsmeet! ;D Guess I have a lot more playing time ahead of me to get it sorted!

I'm was really disappointed with Witch Hunt. It's short, abruptly ends, and what really kills it for me was Finn and Ariana are the best new module characters yet. Way more likeable than anyone in Awakenings other than Justice, with amusing interactions. Plus Ariana is the first Dalish NPC I don't despise. But they're barely around, as this is easily the shortest DLC yet.

What makes it worse is how good Shadow Broker DLC was for ME2, the best yet for that game. =| Really shows DAO was being done by Bioware's B team.

It will be the last DLC I will ever buy. I seem to be suffering from the "Unkillable Corrupted Sentinel" bug and short of disabling every bit of CC in my game, leaving my character naked and weaponless, there is (so far) no way to get around it. There is something in the way the nitwits at Bioware coded the respawn "feature" of the sentinels that is conflicting with who knows what.

It will be the last DLC I will ever buy. I seem to be suffering from the "Unkillable Corrupted Sentinel" bug and short of disabling every bit of CC in my game, leaving my character naked and weaponless, there is (so far) no way to get around it. There is something in the way the nitwits at Bioware coded the respawn "feature" of the sentinels that is conflicting with who knows what.

@RB; Wait! Wait! Are you sure you're not encountering the "by design" behavior? I thought they were unkillable too. Pummel them 'til they're totally drained of HPs and stand there frozen while you turn to the next one, then suddenly the "dead" one pops back to full health and attacking like crazy? Is that what's going on?

When you should be....

Ignoring the Sentinels whenever the Fade/Veil Tears appears each time and wiping it out! It takes like, maybe four rounds for each "Tear". And it took me two re-loads to figure out what was going on and how to deal with these baddies! :laugh:

Just askin'... :rolleyes:

I'm was really disappointed with Witch Hunt. It's short, abruptly ends, and what really kills it for me was Finn and Ariana are the best new module characters yet. Way more likeable than anyone in Awakenings other than Justice, with amusing interactions. Plus Ariana is the first Dalish NPC I don't despise. But they're barely around, as this is easily the shortest DLC yet.

What makes it worse is how good Shadow Broker DLC was for ME2, the best yet for that game. =| Really shows DAO was being done by Bioware's B team.

Stop it! Stop it! Stop it! It hurts so bloody much! My lappy is in the repair shop because it was infected with a Virus yesterday....just as I was about to spend 800 BP on LoTSB....arggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!! :wacko: :confused:

It's that good huh?

OK, trying to get control of myself....

@RB; Wait! Wait! Are you sure you're not encountering the "by design" behavior? I thought they were unkillable too. Pummel them 'til they're totally drained of HPs and stand there frozen while you turn to the next one, then suddenly the "dead" one pops back to full health and attacking like crazy? Is that what's going on?

When you should be....

Ignoring the Sentinels whenever the Fade/Veil Tears appears each time and wiping it out! It took me two re-loads to figure out what was going on and how to deal with these baddies! :laugh:

Just askin'... :rolleyes:

I do not do one point of damage to these things and the character I am using killed the High Dragon in 15 sec flat (would have been 5 sec but I stopped to take a pic or two.) I hit these things with everything I had and didn't even scuff their armor. I have a pretty good idea of what is doing it but the problem is caused by multiple mods in both addins and override. Considering what I had to do to get some of them to play nice with each other I am a bit reluctant to start experimenting with files I use constantly merely to play a 1-2 hr DLC that may get only one or two plays. I wonder what the debug code is...

Edit: Fixed :biggrin:

Conflicts:

Slinks Random Age

The Last Stand

Advanced Party worked after uninstalling the above where it did not work before, the Sentinels now die and... well you know what happens then :wink: I will not be posting this to Bioware Social because Macy's don't tell Gimbals.

Edited by RustyBlade

I do not do one point of damage to these things... I hit these things with everything I had and didn't even scuff their armor. I have a pretty good idea of what is doing it but the problem is caused by multiple mods in both addins and override. I wonder what the debug code is...

Edit: Fixed :biggrin:

Conflicts:

Slinks Random Age

The Last Stand

Advanced Party worked after uninstalling the above where it did not work before, the Sentinels now die and... well you know what happens then :wink: I will not be posting this to Bioware Social because Macy's don't tell Gimbals.

Good on ya'! I knew you couldn't leave it alone. (Who woulda' thunk that mods that makes things über-tough mighta' been involved?! :laugh: In fact, isn't the whole point of "Last Stand" that the baddies never stop?)

Ya' got a [thing for] [case of the ass over] Morri, just like the rest of us, and want to see it... finished. One way or another!