SKSE won't launch Skyrim, nothing happens: FRUSTRATED!

overlord118

Happy Holidays!! I've had the game since August, and just noticed a lot of issues. The game now stops running w/ and w/o the latest version of SKSE. I can't even get the main main page to appear! I set all the exe (application) files to run w/ me as administrator, but that fails to have the game operate. I'm using the LE edition with all the patches (in the proper load order), including SKYUI. I installed SSME (using LOOT) to address the frequent long load times and freezes. The game simply won't launch. I had it working earlier today without installing any new mods, so I know there isn't a conflict there.

interestingly, I noticed that I can't even get Steam to work either! Pls help me get back to enjoying such a dynamic game w/ some non-technical or risky steps!!

Here are some of the other things I tried:

- Saw of anyone has similar issues for solutions;

-Checked the load order and tried to open the game using NMM;

- Restarted the computer; and

- Tried to run the game from the CD

Edited by overlord118

If Steam isn't already running, SKSE can't load the game. So troubleshoot the Steam issue first. If you're using SSME then make sure you haven't configured the SKSE memory patch in the SKSE.ini file because running both won't work since they are trying to do the same thing.

• 11 months later...

This same problem started for me just a few weeks ago and I have no clue how to solve it. I've played Skyrim for over 3200 hours and have used SKSE for a couple years now, but the problem began with the steam installer version of SKSE so how do I fix this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I would be manually installing SKSE. The steam installer did this to me too a few weeks ago. Dropped it in manually and no worries.

I removed the steam installer and checked to see if the game would launch without SKSE and nothing so far but I'll do a manual install the way I used to do it and hope that works. Thank you for the help.

EDIT: SKSE installed manually and still not launching. *sigh*

Edited by LadyBlackhawk

Delete them and run skyrim launcher and set your settings in there again. They are in my documents/mygames/skyrim folder

I did that and still wouldn't launch. So on a whim I dug into my Data folder to see if something ended up in there that shouldn't be there... and there were some .hkx animations files from a modder's resource that ended up there by mistake. I removed those and lo and behold, Skyrim launches. At this point, I'm really not going to question it.

But I am going to thank you for your help.

Edited by LadyBlackhawk