Game mods

Lehcar

So, share some of the things you've done to change the game around to be the way you want it, to suit your own tastes. :thumbsup:

Well lets see... for starters, I placed three more Broodmothers around the Dead Trenches. Even though broodmothers are really vile and disgusting beasties, for some reason I really enjoy fighting them and I thought just one in the entire game wasn't enough, especially since Kardol refers to the place as the darkspawn's "breeding grounds" , so I also put in a lot more darkspawn critters.

I also made some changes to Burkel's chantry in Orzammar. Livened it up a bit, and I placed Teli in there, making up the story that she became extremely depressed and hopeless after she failed to conceive a child with any noblemen, but then found peace and renewed happiness with the Maker... and all that. Haha. :happy:

Also, dragons are cool. The coolest enemies in the game IMO. So I made that completely random dragon that you fight in the werewolf ruins into a high dragon, and made her less out of place (so her presence there made more sense!) by placing a harem of drakes and a brood of dragonlings around the place. Besides, having only one real high dragon in the game just wasn't enough for me, so I needed more! I likey now... :biggrin:

And I placed some more drakes around the caverns where you meet all those drakes and dragonlings, and I put some outside where you meet the high dragon herself. "Andraste" would need more than just six drakes to make all them babies with ;)

Yup, I think I'm officially an expert on how to make a fun game! ;D

and more ill tell ya about later... too sleepy now...

Are you going to be posting that for download? :yes: I've been using Slink's random age to give me a more target rich environment but adding those to it would be awesome.

In addition to Slink's, I use DA Redesigned for ambiance and replace what faces I don't care for with some of my own. I use The Last Stand and all three of dragonagefun's addons so I have additional areas to prolong the campaign. I have some armor with crappy looks and cool stats that I run through the winter forge to make the Warden Commander set worth using. I zap everything my PC's and companions use with the upgrade wand and the dye kit. I give my rogue PC's spells to cast, I give my dual-wield Arcane Warriors stealth and flicker. And I go solo.

Current game, PC has 3000+ kills (more people than darkspawn) and I still have Temple of Vulak and The Last Stand to do before the Landsmeet. I'm shooting for 5K kills with the PC. And burn me in the chantry if you must but this time my knife eared Cousland is going to marry Anora and let Rogain live :ohmy:

Ooh also I just remembered, you know how Duncan has some other Wardens accompanying him in the Dwarf Noble origin? Well in the palace he only has two with him, but then when you meet him in the Deep Roads outskirts he has a third warden with him that wasn't at the palace for some reason. Well I turned that Warden into a woman since he/she doesn't speak (was originally a rather ugly looking man) cause well, I'm not sure why but just found the change appealing for some reason :thumbsup:

Oh and made Morrigan look kinda vampiric (but not too over the top) because I wanted her to look darker and edgier, but also more attractive looking (but not like a supermodel or something). I kind of tried to make her look like Rayne from BloodRayne.

I change Mori, Lel and Al's faces fairly often although my current Al with darker shaggy hair and more stubble may be a keeper - somehow that sloppy look fits him. I made a face for Oghren that took a few years off him and made him look to be more Branka's age. I gave Zev a modified face from an old save that really seems to fit the voice and I have yet to make or find a Sten that I can live with. Now if I could just find out what the file name of the black Mabari is...

@Lechar; I want every one of the changes you've made! My son just shrugged when I mentioned the High Dragon at the Mountaintop being a tough fight (on Nightmare) for my party, and how there was someone who had created an environment with LOTS more of them. He said "Dragons aren't that hard..." Would love to see how he handles your Ferelden! :biggrin: