New to Oblivion (relatively) and 100% new to moding for it!

clungkie

I bought Oblivion with all it's DLCs for the steam package deal for $9, 66% off. I used to own the game for xbox 360 and seeing it so cheap, I couldn't resist.

My topic is simple, I need help to figure out which mods are for ME.

What I want: A better leveling system! nGCD looks okay, so does one of the other mods that seems similar to nGCD, but which caters best to wanting to level without managing skills, requires very little mod work - preferably an installation and thats it lol!

I can honestly say, I don't want to play until I have a mod that makes leveling FUN! Where I can level up by swinging my sword and casting spells without - like i said - all the managing of skills!

Better nature, water, etc,. Some I saw were: Enhanced Water v20. All Natural Weather. And if I chose those two, are they compatible?

I would also like the option to have limitless gold, as for the role my character will be playing. Wealthy Paladin, owns lots of land and properties and saves the world, hehe.

And.. Should I consider a custom race mod or something? Extra spells, extra quests? Should I leave that for after I played through a bit again? And what is.. Vanilla? >_>

My idea: Redguard, The Warrior, Combat. Endurance and Strength. Block, Heavy Armor, Armorer, Blade, Speechcraft, Restoration, Alteration - An all out Paladin, tons of melee damage and the ability to heal and make damage absorbing shields.

Thanks guys!

I'm not sure exactly what steam ruins, but it doesn't work well with some mods.

This is my personal favorite leveling mod. KCAS You set everything when you install it, and once when it runs. (Though the only thing I set when it runs is maximum level, the rest is not needed.)

I believe the nature ones are compatible.

I don't understand the limitless gold.

Custom race mods are mainly for beauty. There are a couple unique races, but overall they're mainly aesthetic.

Vanilla means unmodded.

And your character sounds good ^^